Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Credit Cards not Reporting to Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 Credit Cards not Reporting to Experian

I have 2 Credit Cards not reporting to Experian. Best Way to get them added?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2 Credit Cards not Reporting to Experian

It sounds like you have pulled your EQ and TU reports and the two cards do appear there.  Is that right?

If so, when is the Date Reported and the Date Opened (as listed on TU and EQ) -- for each card?

Also, have you confirmed that the issuers of the cards do in fact report to Experian?  Not all creditors report to all three bureaus.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that is correct. These two accounts are reporting to TU & EQ.

I have not called the Creditors to confirm they report to Experian.

The Cards in question are Credit One and Bank of America-Secured Card

Transunion:

Credit One-Account Opened on 10/20/15. Last reported 09/25/16

BOA-Account Opened on 03/23/15. Last Reported on 10/08/16

Equifax:

Credit One-Account Opened on 10/20/15. Last reported 10/25/16

BOA-Account Opened on 03/01/15. Last Reported on 10/31/16

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahhh... I see.  So these cards were opened 20 months ago... right?  And they have been appearing on TU and EQ for a long time?  Like maybe 18 months or so?  And they haven't ever appeared on Experian during that time?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, They have always reported to TU &EQ. Never seemed to appear on Exp. I didn't realize it until recently. EXP is my lowest score, about 100 points lower than the other 2, and I figured out 2 of my accounts weren't reporting. I'm hoping to get that fixed, so my score will jump.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well the next step would be to call the issuers.  Find out whether the issuer believes it is reporting to Experian.  If the rep says yes, ask him/her to check again since your Experian reports do not show the account.  Also ask:

Whether they report this account every month.(to Experian)

The last three dates they reported this account.(to Experian)

When they first started reporting this account (to Experian)

Write down the date and time that you spoke with the issuer and the first name of the rep you spoke with.

Then you may need to call Experian and ask them what they think is going on.  Keep careful notes of this call too.

Message 6 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I can save you the trouble of calling the banks to confirm: BOFA absolutely reports to all 3 and I believe Credit One does too from everything I've read here over they years.

Call Experian at it's likely those accounts got added to the wrong file which does happen (split file).

        
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.