Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

20 FICO points = $20 billion

tag
Neblett
Regular Contributor

20 FICO points = $20 billion

I saw an interesting story about credit on CNN this afternoon.

It presented data that proposed if every American adult worked to raise his or her FICO scores by 20 points, it would save consumers over $20 billion in a year.

How's THAT for motivation?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 20 FICO points = $20 billion

i like that. i am on it. anybody else with me ? i know the whole forum is with me.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neblett wrote:

It presented data that proposed if every American adult worked to raise his or her FICO scores by 20 points, it would save consumers over $20 billion in a year.

That is probably an understated estimate... Think how much Americans would save if all Lenders were required to increase the amount of truth they told the consumer by 20% percent! Smiley Very Happy

Rob
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Neblett wrote:

This is precisely why creditors and credit bureaus DON'T want you to have the ability to raise your score overnight. They drag their feet, telling you to allow them "30-60 days" to report IMPROVED or CORRECTED information... but when it comes time to report a negative, it's done within 24 hours.

It's a brilliant plan... it just sucks for the consumer.
Message 4 of 5
Pants
Regular Contributor

It would save 20 billion per year.. But I bet if the average credit score went up 20 points.. The cut off between prime and sub-prime would jump 20 points with the national average.

Did you ever hear about the study done with homeless people? The average homeless person has a credit score of 641?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.