Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3pt needed update!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3pt needed update!

Well after paying off 3 small blances on 3 cc and our auto loan reporting we pd for the month on time our score did absolutely nothing. It didn't change a single point. I'm so upset right now. This is going on month 4 of the score not changing. I don't know what else to do nothing seems to help. I'm so upset. We're going to loose this house if something doesn't happen.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: 3pt needed update!

Is your lender providing you the scores? Did any of the 3 change?

Or are you pulling from here?

If not here, when's the last time you pulled from myFICO?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ye the lender provided them and not 1 of them changed.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Bummer. You can rule out util on your CCs and age since they won't turn a month older until March 1. Are there any unpaid CC COs? Quite often they are still factored into utilization and often paying or settling can result in a quick increase. Any other baddies? Any paid baddies reporting?

What I would do is pull your FICO report and/or look at your lender's report. They (and your FICO report) will list the top 4 things hurting your FICO score. I would focus on #1 or #2 off that list to see if that helps any. Your FICO report will show specifically which baddies are hurting.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

There's nothing. Other than the cc that are pd off we have a mortgage and auto loan. We don't have anything else. I called a collection co today from an old delinquent acct. on his credit report. The only thing hurting him were there were 4 med bills we knew nothing about until 1 day collections was sending us a letter. Now they have been paid for a few years however I called today requesting a delete. They granted a delete for 1 of them. That will report next Monday. However they said the bredit bureau can deny that delete. HOping now, they grant it and the delete will boost him the 3 points.

Message 5 of 8
guydiver
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well after paying off 3 small blances on 3 cc and our auto loan reporting we pd for the month on time our score did absolutely nothing. It didn't change a single point. I'm so upset right now. This is going on month 4 of the score not changing. I don't know what else to do nothing seems to help. I'm so upset. We're going to loose this house if something doesn't happen.

According to the generally accepted Fico scoring logic, you need to have one of those cards report a small balance of less than 9% of the CL.  That should give you a small boost.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were all less than 9%. Last month we had just 1 and we paid off the small balance whihc was also less than 9%. It has done nothing.

Message 7 of 8
mtrsprt
Frequent Contributor

Re: Apt needed update!

Time is all you need.  My scores changing is like a watching a tortoise run a marathon..... I recently took a 40 point hit for a new auto loan, and credit card.  It's only come back up 3 points in 2 months......

Starting Score: 521 TU, 597 EQ, 574 EX on 6/20/2011
Current Score: 753 TU, 764 EQ, 766 EX on 02/17/2014
Goal Score: 720-740 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.