Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

700 credit score????

tag
jazzyvar84
Regular Contributor

700 credit score????

I’ve just had ALL late student loan payments deleted. All payments are 100% on time; no late payment history. Credit card uti at 46%. Will have it below thirty by December. I have medical debts in collections. Transunion 660 Equifax 664 Experian 647. Can I make 700+? I do not intend to pay all those medical debts.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 700 credit score????

You could count on 20-30 points gained by dropping your usage below 8.9%, but that’s really the only gains you’ll stand to make until you can remove the Medicals. Once they’re gone, sky’s the limit.
Message 2 of 4
dynamicvb
Valued Contributor

Maybe, depends on the seriousness of the lates and what the rest of your profile looks like. Would really need more information and there is not enough to make an educated guess with just this. Doesn't really matter, any baddies gone is a good thing and will help your score over time if not right now. This is definitely a marthon and improvements are not always seen immediately after a change.

The collections are going to continue to drag on your scores, expecsially ones like the mortgage numbers as they are very senstive to collecitons even if they are paid and under a 100 bucks.

Started Rebuild 4/2018: EX 616| TU 604| EQ 621

Current 5/28/20:

First Goal Score: 750+ Reached 3/2019

Next Goal all over 800
Message 3 of 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If any of your collections are updating, I doubt it very much. 

When you have collections, your payment history is far from 100%. They may not be associated with lates on revolving credit or loans, but they are just as bad if not worse than lates. 

With those collections still on your CR, I would not expect to see much gain from SL lates going poof. 

Big gains are seen after last derog is gone. Reducing utilization below 29% may result in gain, but not to the tune of 60 points. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.