Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Couple of Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A Couple of Questions

Ok, so here they are:
1. I settled a charged off capital one card with a collection agency last year. Could I PFD the difference?
2. I owe about 400 on a loan. I wrote to the CA for a PFD. They contacted me by phone to discuss. They said they can't remove the PNC deliquences and I know PNC won't deal with me on this since it went to the CA. However, the CA is not reporting the the CRAs about handleing this account. So I figured it'd look better if I at least paid it off. My question is, this won't reage this account, will it?
3. I sent a PFD toa CA for a Verizon bill about a month ago. Still haven't heard anything back. Can I send in the same letter and just hope for a response, or should I change the letter a bit. It's frustrating being denied, and being told "No, there's nothing we can do." But it's even more frustrating not getting an answer or a response..... Thanks for all your help so far.

~Savannah
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Couple of Questions

See my thoughts in RED- good luck

Savings321 wrote:
Ok, so here they are:
1. I settled a charged off capital one card with a collection agency last year. Could I PFD the difference?
It is worth a shot.

2. I owe about 400 on a loan. I wrote to the CA for a PFD. They contacted me by phone to discuss. They said they can't remove the PNC deliquences and I know PNC won't deal with me on this since it went to the CA. However, the CA is not reporting the the CRAs about handleing this account. So I figured it'd look better if I at least paid it off. My question is, this won't reage this account, will it?
I would try dealing with the OC. Maybe even just send them a check w/ letter.
it is quite common for CA's not to delete if they do not own the debt.
3. I sent a PFD toa CA for a Verizon bill about a month ago. Still haven't heard anything back. Can I send in the same letter and just hope for a response, or should I change the letter a bit. It's frustrating being denied, and being told "No, there's nothing we can do." But it's even more frustrating not getting an answer or a response.....
patiance and determination Thanks for all your help so far.

~Savannah

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
See my thoughts in RED- good luck

I would try dealing with the OC. Maybe even just send them a check w/ letter.
it is quite common for CA's not to delete if they do not own the debt.

What kind of letter should I write for this approach? If I'm sending a check, it would be like a PFD but they wouldn't HAVE to delete for payment because they'd have the check in their hand. So maybe a combination GW and PFD. Like "I'm sending this payment in hope that you can delete this charge off on my credit report" kind of deal. Any suggestions on this would be greatly appriciated. Sample letter is probably out of the question, but some input would be GREAT!!!! Thanks so much.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

And what happens if they take the payment and don't delete....When I talked to the CA, the guy handleing my account was very nice (that's hard to find) but he is expecting the payment by August 6th. How should I go about this. Just send the payment to the OC and hope all goes well. Maybe call their office and see if they would even accept payment there. I'm pretty confused on this whole deal........Smiley Sad
And should I worry about calling the CA and telling them I'm going to pay the OC instead of them. They were nice the first go round, can't imagine that lasting forever....

Message Edited by Savings321 on 07-28-2007 09:35 PM

Message Edited by Savings321 on 07-28-2007 09:36 PM

P.S. Sorry bout all the editing. Can't type tonight for some reason.....

Message Edited by Savings321 on 07-28-2007 09:38 PM
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUMP!!!! Can anyone give me their advice for this: Pretty pretty please!!!!! I want this taken care of soon. It's only 400 bucks, and I have money to pay that now, one less thing to worry about....I'm moving soon and I want my credit somewhat better so I don't have to worry about credit checks for my new apartment. I figure the more I pay down, at least the better it will look.....So again. Anyone, please!!!!!!???????!!!!!!!

Savings321 wrote:
And what happens if they take the payment and don't delete....When I talked to the CA, the guy handleing my account was very nice (that's hard to find) but he is expecting the payment by August 6th. How should I go about this. Just send the payment to the OC and hope all goes well. Maybe call their office and see if they would even accept payment there. I'm pretty confused on this whole deal........Smiley Sad
And should I worry about calling the CA and telling them I'm going to pay the OC instead of them. They were nice the first go round, can't imagine that lasting forever....

Message Edited by Savings321 on 07-28-2007 09:35 PM

Message Edited by Savings321 on 07-28-2007 09:36 PM

P.S. Sorry bout all the editing. Can't type tonight for some reason.....

Message Edited by Savings321 on 07-28-2007 09:38 PM

Message 6 of 7
Takunda1
Established Contributor

While others may say don't talk to a CA on the phone, I acutally recommend that you do..if you have the money to pay them. Just state your wishes to the person you speak to and make them fax you an agreement with your terms before you make any payments. Second..don't use a personal check. When I paid my CA I always used a money order or certified check.

Hope that helps.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.