Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Small Victory...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Small Victory...

Great job! I ain't telling you anything you don't already know, but fight hard, fight harder, don't give up, don't take no for an answer, and ignore the naysayers (as there are plenty of 'em in here) who enjoy repeating "Oh, you can't do that".
Message 11 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go NWM see you just need to be the Little Engine. I think I can I think I can oh yea you did itvery-happy smiley. I know that feeling though I finally got 1 of my collections removed surprised smileyand it felt so good then I pulled my Scores and not 1 point I did not ask for gasSmiley Winkwink smiley
Message 12 of 39
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Hard work does pay off.
Message 13 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done!

Maybe you won't have to leave the country after all!
Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

masdeocho wrote:
Well done!

Maybe you won't have to leave the country after all!

Oh, I'll still have to.  Once the child support Soviets get you into their system, you can't make a living anywhere in the United States.  Not on the grid anyway.  The irony is that my kid (remember, that person the child support system is supposed to be all about) is going to suffer because of all this.  The job I have now is a decent job, with full benefits for my child.  But they're going to start garnishing my wages now.  So I'm going to have to quit this job pretty soon and live off the grid.  No health insurance for myself or my kid.  All because the Communists running the system are so greedy.

So I'm going to have to make money off the grid and save it up until I can leave.

And if there's a Hell, I hope whoever wrote these child support laws burns there.
Message 15 of 39
smallfry
Senior Contributor

What's with the garnish. I pay weekly to the State child support agency and they forward the money to Mother. With three children I pay about 62% of my gross pay each week. It could be worse. I could still be married to her.
Message 16 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dante condemned usurers (money lenders) to the Seventh Circle, Inner Ring, of H*ll.

The Eighth Circle, Malebolge, is reserved for the fraudulent. Corrupt politicians go to Bolgia 5 of Malebolge.

Message 17 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

If all else fails, and they take my passport away, I will embarrass the United States and the State of California in the eyes of the world. After I tip off the press ahead of time, I will go to the embassy of Cuba or Venezuela and apply for asylum there. When the press comes calling, I'll tell them that since the U.S. government has condemned me to live under a communist regime, I'll at least pick one where I can keep more of my income and get free health care. I'll also point out that the child support system violates the equal protection clause of the U.S. Constitution, as well as human rights treaties to which the United States is a signatory (illegal discrimination based on gender).
Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
What's with the garnish. I pay weekly to the State child support agency and they forward the money to Mother. With three children I pay about 62% of my gross pay each week. It could be worse. I could still be married to her.

No offense, but you should pack up and leave.

You could live in Communist China and not have as much of your income stolen by the government.
Message 19 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

NWM,
 If you honestly feel this way why dont you trying and band with others to change it. I know I worry about my teenage boys now because I have saw a girl get knocked up just to trap him and she even had his name put on the Birth Certificate and even though they did not stay together (one nighter according to her) she hit him for child support and just drug him down the eternal tube of hell just to find out that the kid was not even his. Now it is costing him child support and a lawyer to go back to court to try and have the support lifted so far 2 hearing and no luck cause she put as the birth father. I am a female and have 2 boys and 2 girls if my girls ever did that I would beat the **** out of them. What these people are doing is using these kids as hostage for money and that is wrong. No wonder we have so many deadbeat parents out there not just men they just get most crap about it. If I could help you NWM I would I dont think it is right that you fork over 1/2 or more of your pay check and then in some cases cant even claim the kid at tax time.
Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.