Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX portal is just plain awful

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX portal is just plain awful

@bourgogne wrote:

only hate when I am trying to get done with my day.  millions of pts is the answer and I try to keep everybody in my life.  hard to get new friends you have known for 35-45 years when you are older

Pay my Amex bill, I'll be your new friend for lifeSmiley Happy

I think of my 5 ex girlfriends from time to time, even looked one up on Facebook,

scared me 1/2 to death .. won't do that again.

Message 11 of 22
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

only hate when I am trying to get done with my day.  millions of pts is the answer and I try to keep everybody in my life.  hard to get new friends you have known for 35-45 years when you are older

I think of my 5 ex girlfriends from time to time, even looked one up on Facebook,

from what I gather you have the one card bill i don't want lol.  ha-ha, I am not on social sites but I can imagine.    helping one of them AOD today, my god that is some list they want - and a selfie lol .. hope this ends up better than the uber card I got for her

Message 12 of 22
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I personally find Amex to have one of the best websites for card management and have never had any issues like that.  I regularly log into 4 separate online accounts as well as a merchant account.

Message 13 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

I echo @K-in-Boston's experience. Never had a problem!

Message 14 of 22
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

from what I gather you have the one card bill i don't want lol.  ha-ha, I am not on social sites but I can imagine.    helping one of them AOD today, my god that is some list they want - and a selfie lol .. hope this ends up better than the uber card I got for her

@bourgogne,  AOD selfie "Priceless"Smiley LOL

L@@k all "5"smiley-laughing021.gif

Message 15 of 22
jasonbourne84
Frequent Contributor

Sigh. This post makes my head hurt. 

For managing multiple accounts, you just need to click the "not you?" button before trying to autofill your drama.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still trying to wrap my head around paying a CC bill for an EX. Paying it for an SO who you still share finaces with i can understand, but not for someone who is no longer part of the equation regardless if you're still friends. IMO it's totally on them if they don't want to be responsible enough to pay a CC bill, or any other bills for that matter. Sounds a little too much like enabling, and efinitely above and beyond the call of duty. 

Especially is you're paying with your own Money. Seems to me it's rather simepl to just set up autopay these days, then she'd be all set.

Message 17 of 22
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

I hate the Amex portal because it doesn't provide a cover page listing each account and the salient details. I have to click on 5 different cards, instead of being able to see at a glance what's what. Totally ridiculous.

Every other lender I have (and I have many) does provide a cover page.

I have 22 lenders. 21 of them provide a cover page; Amex does not. Either they're stupid -- which we all know they're not -- or they have some ulterior motive for making us spend more time than necessary on their site.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 18 of 22
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I hate the Amex portal because it doesn't provide a cover page listing each account and the salient details. I have to click on 5 different cards, instead of being able to see at a glance what's what. Totally ridiculous.

Every other lender I have (and I have many) does provide a cover page.

I have 22 lenders. 21 of them provide a cover page; Amex does not. Either they're stupid -- which we all know they're not -- or they have some ulterior motive for making us spend more time than necessary on their site.

the iface is a total clown show imo.  the problem is that have added to an antiquated system for decades instead of scrapping it and starting over.  UA has done pretty much the same thing, I cross my fingers each time i use it.   I have access to all 4 interfaces at chase they are decent and the JMP site is out of control great.  nice & simple, everything is on one page

chase portal white.PNG

Message 19 of 22
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I agree. I have 6 cards, the card selection screen only shows 4 cards until I click 'view all' to see all six and then still select each one to see the balance. 

The other problem I have is with switching accounts. I log into my daughter's account sometimes to help her monitor her score since she has autopay set and almost never logs in. Sometimes after I log out of one account and back into another, I get an error screen and can't get back in until I clear cookies for the site. Citi also has problems sometimes logging out of one account and into another, I either have to clear cookies or use a different browser.

I do the same with Chase and BOA and it always works fine.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.