Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU removal

tag
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

AU removal

Looking to remove DW from a few of my new accounts in order to get her under Chase 5/24 rule. She is currently 8/24, with only 4 being her accounts.

I have done a bit of research and it is my understanding the process is to remove and have her dispute ownership. I have also read that AMEX can be a pain in this regard. With that in mind, we have started paying her charges from her account via the AMEX website. Will this help in having her removed, since her charges were paid? Also, the account has a zero balance. None of my findings referenced balance condition or anything else, just that AMEX is difficult to get AU removed from CRAs.

Any advice?

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AU removal

The balance should have no influence on getting the AU removed from the primary users account as the account holder is ultimately responsible for the charges. I would approach this in two ways. 

1. Dispute the account as "not mine" or "authorized user"

2. Contact Amex and cancel the AUs card 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.