Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AZEO and <8.9% ?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: AZEO and <8.9% ?

@wvasweetness wrote:

To get the maximum benefit, my aggregate until should be less than 8.9%, correct?

Current cards:

Disney Chase: $81/$5200

Cap One: $0/$1700

AU on Cap One: $0/1500

Discover Silver: $0/1800

= $81/$8700 (not counting the AU) 

So as long as I keep my balance on my Chase under $774, I'm getting "max points"? And in this scenario, the balance doesn't matter as long as it's less than 8.9%? (For example: $5 balance vs $700 balance - both are under that threshold). 

Thanks!

IMHO although aggregate utilization of 8.9% is good, there's nothing magic about it. 6% would be even better, and 5% would be even better.

In your case you're at around 1%, which is as lovely as it gets.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 21 of 30
wvasweetness
Contributor

@wvasweetness wrote:

Just wanted to report back and say that $500 does not seem to be a threshold for me. There was no score change when I allowed $510 to report on the below Chase card vs. allowing $450 to report.  

Disney Chase: $510/$5200, and then $450/$5200

Cap One: $0/$1700

AU on Cap One: $0/1500

Discover Silver: $0/1800

I'm doing a balance of right at 2% this month, to report in a couple of days, and will report back on score change.

Reporting back again. I was planning to allow 1.5 - 2% to report, but I accidentally let $411 report and my score increased 4pts.   FICO is crediting this "decreased in utilization by $39" for the points.  Not sure why,  but sure is interesting.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is that your only card with a balance?
Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wvasweetness wrote:

Reporting back again. I was planning to allow 1.5 - 2% to report, but I accidentally let $411 report and my score increased 4pts.   FICO is crediting this "decreased in utilization by $39" for the points.  Not sure why,  but sure is interesting.

Two things.  First and most important, Fico is not giving you a reason for the 4 point increase.  They're providing you with an alert to a credit report change, the $39 lower balance and at the same time are providing you with a fresh score.  The change to the fresh score does not have to be at all related to the alert reason provided and could very well have come from something else that wasn't alertable.

Second, what was your before/after aggregate utilization dollars before/after this recent reporting?

Message 24 of 30
wvasweetness
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is that your only card with a balance?

Yes, all other cards report $0.

Message 25 of 30
wvasweetness
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wvasweetness wrote:

Two things.  First and most important, Fico is not giving you a reason for the 4 point increase.  They're providing you with an alert to a credit report change, the $39 lower balance and at the same time are providing you with a fresh score.  The change to the fresh score does not have to be at all related to the alert reason provided and could very well have come from something else that wasn't alertable.

Second, what was your before/after aggregate utilization dollars before/after this recent reporting?

I didn't realize that about the alert. I don't think it's aging related, but could be.  My last report was reporting $450/5200.  This one reported $411/5200.  All other cards are $0.

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you had no card with a balance you were under the AZ loss and once a card reported a balance, you would’ve got those points back. Assuming it’s a bankcard, a retail card gives funny results.
Message 27 of 30
wvasweetness
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you had no card with a balance you were under the AZ loss and once a card reported a balance, you would’ve got those points back. Assuming it’s a bankcard, a retail card gives funny results.

Can you expand?  Not sure I understand "you were under the AZ loss and once a card reported a balance, you would’ve got those points back". 

Last month all cards reported 0, minus this Chase that reported $450/5200.  This month all cards reported 0, minus the same Chase that reported $411/5200.  I'm getting max points by having AZEO, correct?

This month I'm for sure reporting <$100/5200 to see what happens...

Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wvasweetness wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can you expand?  Not sure I understand "you were under the AZ loss and once a card reported a balance, you would’ve got those points back". 

Last month all cards reported 0, minus this Chase that reported $450/5200.  This month all cards reported 0, minus the same Chase that reported $411/5200.  I'm getting max points by having AZEO, correct?

This month I'm for sure reporting <$100/5200 to see what happens...

@wvasweetness when all revolvers report $0 balance, there is a point loss that we call the AZ loss because all revolvers are at zero. Whenever a bankcard reports a balance, those points return. 

yes AZEO is optimal with one revolver reporting a balance of $5-$20 is perfect.

are you saying the Chase was reporting a balance all the time? If so we need to dig deeper to find the cause. 

Message 29 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wvasweetness wrote:

I didn't realize that about the alert. I don't think it's aging related, but could be.  My last report was reporting $450/5200.  This one reported $411/5200.  All other cards are $0.

It sounds like the Chase card had a non-zero balance reported at all times. 

OP, what was the date of your "before" score and what was the date of your "after" score?  I'm looking to see if the 1st of the month fell in between them.  If so, what were your age of accounts factors?  An AAoA threshold being crossed for example could result in a 4 point increase.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.