cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accidental purchase

Whyboiboi2424
New Visitor

Accidental purchase

I recently accidently confirmed a purchase on a 3d cad model and didnt mean to click. I entered info for a Citibank in Reno and a fake email as well as a fake address that im pretty sure dont exsist in reno and i also entered the wrong zip code and im 14 and dont have an account with citi so what do i do?
Pls dont judge me
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Re: Accidental purchase

That's a big oops but...

I'm thinking the transaction wasn't approved.. That's my guess.

Did you use some random card number or what?

My suggestion is: Call the company, from where you ordered the model and if anything actually processed, cancel it.

And never, ever do that again.. 

Message 2 of 5
CreditInspired
Super Contributor

Are you saying you’re 14 yo? If yes, legally I don’t think you can be held responsible.

But, as @pikaboo said, please don’t do that again. The next time it could create some serious problems because even though the email address was fake, the IP address is not. Just treat this mistake as a lesson learned.

DEC 2019: EX 816, TU 820, EQ 810
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macy's $20K || NFCU CLOC $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || Apple Card $6.5K ||
Message 3 of 5
Plip
Frequent Contributor

It doesn't make any sense that you entered all of this fake information and then accidentally clicked the confirm button. I suspect that this is just some kind of spoof. You just made up the story to see what kind of responses you could get. But whatever. Here's the answer.

If by Citibank, you mean a credit card, there's next to no chance that you guessed a valid number. And if by some fluke you did, you didn't guess the expiration date. And if by some miracle you guessed that, you didn't guess the security code. Or the zip code.

Since you weren't alerted to this when you entered it, it must be entered later manually. They'll figure it right away. And since they do this manually, they aren't sophisticated enough to trace your IP (not that that's that hard). And even if they could, they wouldn't bother.

So nothing's going to happen.

Message 4 of 5
UncleB

Good advice has been provided, and as the thread has run its course it is now locked and closed to new messages.

--UB

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.