cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account change without reporting date change?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account change without reporting date change?

Is this common?  Any time something changes on your account, isn't the reporting date supposed to change as well considering it was the reporting that yielded the change? 

Example:  Back in Oct/Nov/Dec of 2014 I've got a closed account with 30/60/90 day lates.  I recently got all of this information removed from EQ, but not from EX or TU yet.  I noticed the 90 day late in Dec on TU vanished the other day; only the 30/60 in Oct/Nov remains.  The date last reported for the account, however, still remains in December of 2014.  So, two possible things here.  One, sometimes when accounts are updated (reported) for some reason the "last reported" date isn't changed.  Two, it's a complete fluke that the 90 day fell off and it's a coincidence that I got all of the negative info removed from EQ.  I tend to think the first option is most likely here?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Account change without reporting date change?

A report is not necessarily the same as a trade line update to fix something in the data.  wouldn't worry about it.

        
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It just seems odd to me that any other time I've had negative information removed from an account that the last reported date updated.  For this account in particular, when EQ removed the negative information the reported date updated from 2014 to this month, 2016.  While the date updated with EQ, it didn't update with TU.  It's not like it's a big deal as the last reported date doesn't impact anything as far as I know, I just didn't understand the inconsistency here.

Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

It just seems odd to me that any other time I've had negative information removed from an account that the last reported date updated.  For this account in particular, when EQ removed the negative information the reported date updated from 2014 to this month, 2016.  While the date updated with EQ, it didn't update with TU.  It's not like it's a big deal as the last reported date doesn't impact anything as far as I know, I just didn't understand the inconsistency here.

Grin well there's so much inconsistency on your file what's one more thing? Smiley Happy

        
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

True as depending on which bureau you look at I'm either clean or dirty Smiley Happy

I'd just like to limit the inconsistencies as much as possible, that's all.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.