cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account listed on credit karma but not on Fico report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Account listed on credit karma but not on Fico report?

Hey. Has anyone ever experienced this? I have a charge off listed on credit karma on the TransUnion report but it's not listed on my Fico report that I get monthly. 
I have tried to contact this company so many times. I know I owe them money and I've tried to pay it but when I call, they say my account has been transferred to a different office or location but they never have the accurate contact information for that office. It's just really frustrating when trying to get things cleaned up. 
But anyways, if it's not on Fico, will a mortgage lender be able to see it when I apply for a loan?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
thornback
Senior Contributor

Re: Account listed on credit karma but not on Fico report?

@Anonymous wrote:

But anyways, if it's not on Fico, will a mortgage lender be able to see it when I apply for a loan?

Sometimes, web-based reports reflect incomplete or misleading info due to the way their user-friendly fluff software reads & displays the raw report data.  

Pull your Transunion report from annualcreditreport.com.    That is the most comprehensive version of your report you can get (aside from having the hard-copy paper report mailed to you by the bureau) and it's free to pull once per year; If the account shows there, then yes, any lender will see it.  Also, this report version may give you a bit more insight as to which 3rd party collection entity currently holds the debt. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Account listed on credit karma but not on Fico report?

Makes sense. I will do that. 
thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.