cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice - Credit Acceptance not updating my recent auto payment..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice - Credit Acceptance not updating my recent auto payment..

So I have an auto load with Credit Acceptance. Ususally they update to the credit reports every month on the 15th. But not this month! I was behind and sent them the past due amount on March 20th and still not update from them. They usually always report on the first of the month. I called and they said they will put my request into the legal department...ugh! I want to trade this crappy car in but I cannot do that until my credit report shows that I am not past due (crying inside)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Advice - Credit Acceptance not updating my recent auto payment..

It can take up to 2 weeks for updates to show after the creditor makes an update. The creditor is required by law to report the payment and updated balance within 30 days of the payment.

Message 2 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

It can take up to 2 weeks for updates to show after the creditor makes an update. The creditor is required by law to report the payment and updated balance within 30 days of the payment. Welcome to the board Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

FCRA 623(a)(2) requires a furnisher to "promptly" update prior reporting as becomes necessary to reflect its currrent accuracy.

The FCRA does not establish a set period in days or weeks for required update of information. 

A reasonble interpretation of prompt is in their next regular reporting cycle (with most credit card companies reporting on a monthly cycle).

Admin time can cause lack of update in a given cycle of approx a week or so prior to the regular reporting date, so at least 5 weeks would be reasonable before any issue of lack of prompt update would arise for creditors who do monthly updates.

I would not file a dispute asserting lack of update until at least 45 days after payment is made.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.