Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm curiosities

tag
Libra85
Regular Contributor

Re: Affirm curiosities

I've had a affirm account since 2020. The first 3 purchases reported to CB. I've purchased several other items for  0% financing and varying APR and none of those items have reported. My line of credit is now $6k. For me it's like a hidden trade line. Affirm SP EX every time you login. 

October 2021
Message 11 of 33
md_rebuild
Regular Contributor

@Libra85 wrote:

I've had a affirm account since 2020. The first 3 purchases reported to CB. I've purchased several other items for  0% financing and varying APR and none of those items have reported. My line of credit is now $6k. For me it's like a hidden trade line. Affirm SP EX every time you login. 

Same for me.  I mainly use it for baseball tickets.   I typically go to quite a few games and like sitting in good seats.   That's what I mainly use it for, and I get 0% financing and not a single one has reported to a CB.   I'd probably change to putting them on a CC if they did report.

BK7: Discharged Sept 2019
7/7/24:

Message 12 of 33
Tiersha
Regular Contributor

Havent missed a payment in years so I should be good there!

Message 13 of 33
Tiersha
Regular Contributor

To me that is stupid.  Well with it being 2024 that should come off.

It's a catch 22...don't want the cfa tag but also may be a hidden line which could be good but at the cost of higher interest rates or def up your utilization or get yet another card etc.

Message 14 of 33
911gt34life
Established Contributor

i have affirm show up as Personal loans kind help my score...

>
Message 15 of 33
GZG
Valued Contributor

@Libra85 wrote:

I would 100% be their customer if I could have a hidden TL like that, I wish they only reported if you were late, I also wish they were more up front about their reporting practices 

Starting FICO 8:
Current FICO 8:

2/6, 3/12, 11/24
Message 16 of 33
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It's not a hidden trade line. They choose not to report to all the bureaus, which any lender can do. There may also be certain situations that they wouldn't report, like if it's only 4 pmnts over 2 months. Affirm shows as loans on EX for me. 

Message 17 of 33
Lou-natic
Established Contributor

I took an Affirm loan for a laptop years ago and they only reported to Experian and Experian is the only one that gives me a ding for a CFA. I know I'll never use Affirm again. If knew then what I know now I wouldn't have used them at all.

8/22/24
Message 18 of 33
Tiersha
Regular Contributor

Because of the ding I won't use them.  I have a cnc to purchase and the company uses Affirm.  Instead I'll transfer balances to a zero% card and use my normal cc. Unfortunately I don't have business credit built up to get a business card so it has to go on the personal side.

Message 19 of 33
butterpecan
Frequent Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

It's not a hidden trade line. They choose not to report to all the bureaus, which any lender can do. There may also be certain situations that they wouldn't report, like if it's only 4 pmnts over 2 months. Affirm shows as loans on EX for me. 

@Brian_Earl_Spilner Saw this thread....Wondering if the PayPal "pay monthly" loan through WebBank on PayPal's website is also a CFA? 

Screenshot_20240513_032653_Chrome.jpg

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.