Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Affirm past Due PLEASE HELP

tag
Society1
Regular Contributor

Affirm past Due PLEASE HELP

Hello i have used affirm and the loan which they approved me for is $2100. And it is past due 70days. I dont want it to go to collections but can i dispute before i pay the $2100? Or what is the best advice.. my credit profile is flawless w/ auto loan and 5 credit cards and unsecured loan all paid on time for 4+ years..I'm trying to stop from it hurting my credit.. So can someone help me with the best advice 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Society1
Regular Contributor

HOW DO I DISPUTE LATE PERSONAL LOAN

I'm late on personal loan in which i will zero the loan and pay it off! But what is the process or best way to dispute the late payment? what could i possibly tell the credit bureaus can someone please help me w/ this. It will be 100% appreciated!

Message 2 of 11
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HOW DO I DISPUTE LATE PERSONAL LOAN

Is this a separate late payment than the Affirm loan from your other thread? What's the basis for disputing the late payment(s)?

Message 3 of 11
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Affirm past Due PLEASE HELP

@Society1 wrote:

Hello i have used affirm and the loan which they approved me for is $2100. And it is past due 70days. I dont want it to go to collections but can i dispute before i pay the $2100? Or what is the best advice.. my credit profile is flawless w/ auto loan and 5 credit cards and unsecured loan all paid on time for 4+ years..I'm trying to stop from it hurting my credit.. So can someone help me with the best advice 

Call Affirm and let them know what's going on. It's already impacting your credit with two 30 day lates. Try to stop the bleeding pronto. So, the very best thing you can do is pay total minimum amount due for the past 2 months plus any associated late fees and also include the next minimum payment due. 

And NO, you should never, ever dispute any info that is accurate. This is just pouring gasoline on the fire. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 11
Society1
Regular Contributor

Re: HOW DO I DISPUTE LATE PERSONAL LOAN

its the same as the affirm thread.. i thought my first didnt post

Message 5 of 11
Society1
Regular Contributor

what is the best way to stop the bleeding? what could i ask or tell them to be patient so i can make my payments $500 increments

Message 6 of 11
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Disputing something correct is just going to cause them to confirm it's accurate, forcing an update, refreshing the negatives, causing another score drop.

And if you're score hasn't been dinged yet, it will once they update since they tend to be a month or 2 behind. You need to bring the account current as soon as possible because it will report late every month until you do. You can ask them for goodwill removals after.

Message 7 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Both threads merged

Message 8 of 11
jmw1
Frequent Contributor

Are you missing the minimum payment on Affirm because you don't have enough income coming in after paying expenses? You can't tell them to be patient while there are two months of arrears and late fees. You need to pay the arrears, this month's payment and the late fees now. Not later.

Are you paying the minimum payment on the credit cards with no missed payments while nearly maxed out? That's not a perfect profile.

Disputing a valid debt debt won't save your FICO. Making at least the minimum payment today instead of disputing will save your FICO. You are in serious financial trouble and need to concentrate on finances before FICO. Look at your income and expenses. Is this fixable with a second job or cutting expenses very aggressively. Income and expenses is what you need work on. Then you could work on PFD, but how can you pay PFD if you can't even make the minimum for the past 100 days?

Under the worst circumstances, it may mean bankruptcy and ruining your FICO for 7 to 10 years although most can easily get credit in a short time. Hopefully you can fix this without using the nuclear option.

Message 9 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Society1 wrote:

Just pay them as fast as possible. Don't dispute something that's true.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.