Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant SSL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant SSL

Hi Everyone,

I want to open an Alliant SSL, as I have no installmeny history and want it to boost credit mix component and also keep it open for max term to help add to AAoA.

I know all the in's and out's of how to get it, how to pay off, etc. However, is there any advantage to opening the account with an amount of greater than $500?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant SSL

This is covered a few times in the mega thread but that thing takes days to read through.

Basic answer: no.  FICO 08 scoring doesn't care as to the loan's amount.  Go with $500, pay it down to less than 9%, delete auto-pay 2-3 days before it hits, carry on with better FICO 08 score.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woohoo! Thanks so much, sorry for the extra thread clutter. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have added this as a FAQ in the first post of the thread.  It now includes the language below.  Thanks guys!

Does the size of the loan matter?

No.  A $500 loan works just as well as a $10,000 loan.  Almost everyone chooses a small loan amount.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Adding-an-installment-loan-the-Share-Secu...

Message 4 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I want to open an Alliant SSL, as I have no installmeny history and want it to boost credit mix component and also keep it open for max term to help add to AAoA.

I know all the in's and out's of how to get it, how to pay off, etc. However, is there any advantage to opening the account with an amount of greater than $500?

Thanks!

No difference FICO wise, but they do have a good savings rate... 1.05%.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.