Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Americredit help please is this Re-Aged

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Americredit help please is this Re-Aged

How can Americredit say it was Charged off 2 times. We have not made any payments on this since April of 2004. I have copied what they have listed on my CR below (act # changed of course)

AMERICREDIT

200 Bailey Ave
Fort Worth, TX-761071210

Account Number:

12345XXXX

Current Status:

CHARGE-OFF

Account Owner:

Joint Account

High Credit:

$0

Type of Account FPRIVATE "TYPE=PICT;ALT=An installment loan has a fixed number of payments and the same payment due each month, such as a car loan or student loan.":

Installment

Credit Limit:

$0

Term Duration:

69 Months

Terms Frequency:

Monthly (due every month)

Date Opened:

2001/06

Balance:

$7,023

Date Reported:

11/2007

Amount Past Due:

$396

Date of Last Payment:

04/2005

Actual Payment Amount:

$0

Scheduled Payment Amount:

$0

Date of Last Activity:

05/2004

Date Major Delinquency First Reported:

04/2005

Months Reviewed:

Creditor Classification:

Activity Description:

N/A

Charge Off Amount:

$8,099

Deferred Payment Start Date:

Balloon Payment Amount:

$0

Balloon Payment Date:

Date Closed:

Type of Loan:

Auto

Comments:

Consumer disputes this account information,
Charged off account

81-Month Payment History

Year

Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

Jun

Jul

Aug

Sep

Oct

Nov

Dec

CO

CO

CO

CO

CO

CO

CO

R

CO

(the * they say are current payments) see how they have a CO and they current payment then CO again
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Americredit help please is this Re-Aged

Sorry to say they can mark it "CO" every month if they wanted too.

IMHO- You woke a sleeping giant, they will most likely mark another CO for Dec 07- and you will take another Score hit.

I hope you are past SOL-
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have not made any contact with them since April of 2004 and I have not disputed this account since Jan of 2004 when they had my balance reporting at almost double what we paid for the van. They did correct that part and we were trying to get our of the loan after 15 days when we found out the van had been wrecked and we were not told of this. Since we they would not let us out of the loan we told them to come and get the Van then and that was Feb of 2004 and they kept pulling funds from our Checking account and the bank had my sign a paper stating they did not have permission to with drawel in those months and we were able to get the money back. I know I cant dispute accurate information so we have left them alone. The picked the Van up Feb 21st of 2004 and it was sold at aucction March 31, of 2004. How can they say we did paid as agreed after they Charged it off and then said they Charged it off again in 2007 that is just not right.
Message 3 of 14
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Doesn't appear outright re-aged.  DOLA is May 2004.  You said your last payment was on April 2004... maybe the payment was at the end of month and cleared early May?

As far as a month showing 'current' or 'OK' that is a reporting error and it happens all the time.  Be happy they made the mistake and don't encourage them to correct it.  It really means nothing... they are not accidentally applying some mystery payments on the account. 
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just dont under stand how they can have my date of last payment as 05/2004 and date of last activity as 04/2005 when the Van was Auctioned off on 3/2004 cause it was auction on my 15th Wedding Anniversary. That is how I remember the dates on that account.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

plus we only owed them 4000.00 in 2004 how can they double the amount again and say we are currently past due. When they do a charge off shouldn't that read a -0- balance. I just want to make sure it reads right so I dont keep getting new dings on this one.

Message 6 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

This might be a little off topic, but I too had a repo with Americredit. I was able to get the car back after 2 pmts, but the damage was done to the reports. I had sent a dispute (showed a balance due on TU) and sent GWs to Americredit at the address listed in your post and they removed lates on one report and removed repo listing on EQ and EX. They seemed open to requests to remove bad info.

As per COs, I have an acct with 24-26 consecutive CO listings, month after month, between 2002-2004 (If I recall). MyFICO reports that but also 26 90-day late payments corresponding to the COs. Logic dictates that you can only have one CO or 90 day late, if an acct is unpaid. However I learned in Creditland that logic is illogical.
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont think they will go for a GW letter at this time since I owe them money thanks to a crooked car dealer. I just wish I could get rid of that and the Presidio account and things would a little better.

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

get past SOL first...then attack it.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which state would I go by MN where we bought the Van or NC where I have lived the last 4 years. The SOL is longer in MN I think.

Sorry, The reason I ask is because they did the Repo here in NC.

Message Edited by nikkoslilmouse on 12-18-2007 11:08 AM
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.