Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP Credit Score

tag
arealswellgirl
Valued Member

Amex BCP Credit Score

I've seen numerous posts about people referencing their Amex Fico score, but they've only given me and my husband a TU Vantage score 3. Does anyone know if it's specific to the card or the person's profile whether they give a VS or a Fico? Or maybe it's score specific?

For reference I have a BCP with $2k CL (just approved last month) and Amex VS 3 score shows me at 722 (all 3 bureaus are showing Fico 8s in the 680s). Husband's is a Cash Magnet with a $7,600 CL and has had it since November. His EX 8 is 687 and his Amex VS3 is 712. Maybe I missed seeing that the Fico score is card specific and Fico isn't provided for these cards?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex BCP Credit Score

Are you referring to the Experian FICO score that AmEx provides on your online account?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you logging in online or through the app? I also have BCP and normally access my account through the app. Clicking on Account at the bottom shows a list, with the FICO Score option near the bottom. That gives me my Experian FICO 8 score. However, accessing my account online gives me my VantageScore 3.0 through their "MyCredit Guide". While I could see type of score being card specific, I haven't read anything about score availability being profile/score specific. Since we both have BCP, give the app a peek. Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 10
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.41.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.42.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.42.30 AM.png

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 4 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@arealswellgirl wrote:

I've seen numerous posts about people referencing their Amex Fico score, but they've only given me and my husband a TU Vantage score 3. Does anyone know if it's specific to the card or the person's profile whether they give a VS or a Fico? Or maybe it's score specific?

For reference I have a BCP with $2k CL (just approved last month) and Amex VS 3 score shows me at 722 (all 3 bureaus are showing Fico 8s in the 680s). Husband's is a Cash Magnet with a $7,600 CL and has had it since November. His EX 8 is 687 and his Amex VS3 is 712. Maybe I missed seeing that the Fico score is card specific and Fico isn't provided for these cards?

If you're accessing it on the web, go to Account Services > Profile > View FICO Score [near the bottom].  It will give you your EX FICO 8.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 5 of 10
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.41.49 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.42.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 9.42.30 AM.png

For reference as an AU, it looks like they only offer the fico score for the primary account holder as that doesn't show for me in the location you shared.

Message 7 of 10
arealswellgirl
Valued Member

Omg you guys, thank you soo much!! I would have never figured this out; I feel a little silly but am so glad I asked! I was only using Chrome instead of the app because my phone has enough apps on it as it is 😅 I did try both the app and through Chrome and both work!

You all are the greatest, I love this place ❤

Message 8 of 10
jcooks
Established Contributor

It is much much easier to find on the app.  In the beginning I couldn't find it on the website whatsoever.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed - they make it much more straight forward in the app. I made it to account services, but I guess it didn't occur to me to search for it in Profile.

Don't be embarrassed, OP. More than one of us learned something new from your question! Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.