Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Questions

No account needed. Just put any cc or debit card information in that you want to use for the billing. I used an HSBC card but it took them a couple days to e-mail me that everything was ready to use.
Message 11 of 18
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to sign-up and test fire it, if all systems are a go I will sticky your thread. You might want to change the title from "Sick of TC" to something which will tell other members that there is an alternative to TC.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do....I forgot to do that after we got done talking Smiley Happy
Message 13 of 18
notmyname
Regular Contributor

Back in 99-00 I had a corp AMEX card. When I changed jobs the bill was paid and my account closed. I noticed that both my new corp card and my Delta card say member since 07 but on my AMEX page it says member since 99. Then when my Delta TL showed on my EX report today it says the account was opened in 07-99. Has this happened to anybody else? Does this mean my AMEX account counts as being 8 years old

Everyone that I know with a previous ax account found that original date on their new accounts . In fact it happened with my significant other two weeks ago. It only seems to occur in my experience with accounts that were in good standing or eventually paid off. It is a generous attitude and it puzzles me a bit. (I'm just naturally suspicious)
RP

Message Edited by notmyname on 09-04-2007 01:38 AM
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@notmyname wrote:
Everyone that I know with a previous ax account found that original date on their new accounts . In fact it happened with my significant other two weeks ago. It only seems to occur in my experience with accounts that were in good standing or eventually paid off. It is a generous attitude and it puzzles me a bit. (I'm just naturally suspicious)
RP

That's good to know. I guess I got major lucky with this and picked up an 8yr account history Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

bamf70 - my Amex does the same thing.  I originally had an account that was opened back in January 1998 that was closed several years ago.  When I decided to try to open a new account early this year, all 3 credit bureaus for this new card are showing an Open date of 01/1998.  I also checked my husband's credit reports since he's an authorized user on it (we use True Credit) and his reports are all showing the same Open Date for him as well.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bam, did yu ever have a card with Amex before?
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Bam, did yu ever have a card with Amex before?

Yes it was a Corp AMEX though...the green card, not a personal one.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.