Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex new card reporting

tag
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Amex new card reporting

I was wondering if there are any data points on how long it takes Amex to report a new card to the bureaus?

I just opened an Amex gold card on Monday 4/11, it is my third card with them. 

I have been wanting to add another Chase card to my wallet for a while, but was always well over the 5/24 rule. I am pre-qualified for the Chase Amazon visa, and have seen a bunch of people bypass the 5/24 with that pre-qual so I was ready to pull the trigger. However, I noticed 2 accounts that I opened on 4/17/2020 that will be falling off of the 5/24 in 2 days, and this will put me at 4/24. I know a lot of people suggest waiting until the start of the next month to ensure the 5/24 is cleared. However, If this Amex posts before that It will put me back at 5/24. 

If It comes to it, I am happy to take a shot at the Amazon Visa, but I would much rather a core Chase card (Business Ink). Do I wait for the first of the month and app with Chase and risk the account posting? And if the account does post, I don't want/know if the new account/inq to mess up the Amazon Visa approval chances.

Guide me mighty fico forum masterminds

Edit: at the risk of answering my own question, it looks like my original card reported a little over a month later, and the second card was 2 weeks. Any additional DP's would be great.

"When prosperity comes, do not use all of it"
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex new card reporting

Amex cards typically report to the credit bureaus at the time of the 2nd statement closing.

Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I would also say that in a variety of cases, they can also report sooner than 2 statements, so be prepared for that as well. Similar DPs have been mentioned about earlier reporting. The past 4 personal cards (since mid-2020) have reported within the first statement cycle.

Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SDMarik wrote:

I was wondering if there are any data points on how long it takes Amex to report a new card to the bureaus?

I have been wanting to add another Chase card to my wallet for a while, but was always well over the 5/24 rule. I am pre-qualified for the Chase Amazon visa, and have seen a bunch of people bypass the 5/24 with that pre-qual so I was ready to pull the trigger. However, I noticed 2 accounts that I opened on 4/17/2020 that will be falling off of the 5/24 in 2 days, and this will put me at 4/24. I know a lot of people suggest waiting until the start of the next month to ensure the 5/24 is cleared. However, If this Amex posts before that It will put me back at 5/24. 

If It comes to it, I am happy to take a shot at the Amazon Visa, but I would much rather a core Chase card (Business Ink). Do I wait for the first of the month and app with Chase and risk the account posting? And if the account does post, I don't want/know if the new account/inq to mess up the Amazon Visa approval chances.

Edit: at the risk of answering my own question, it looks like my original card reported a little over a month later, and the second card was 2 weeks. Any additional DP's would be great.

Remember what was discussed about timing and patience. You can either plan your strategy well or shoot yourself in the foot.

Message 4 of 10
SDMarik
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

Remember what was discussed about timing and patience. You can either plan your strategy well or shoot yourself in the foot.

A well planned strategy means nothing without the will power to execute it 🤪

But I get what your saying, I think the move is to wait until the first of June and go for the core chase card. If Amex reports, so be it, I'll try my pre-qual for the Amazon Visa. I'll actually be 5/24 instead of the 6/24 I am now, so im hoping the pre-qual will still work. 

Message 5 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SDMarik wrote:

IMHO if you want a core Chase card, you should go for it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@SDMarik wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@SDMarik wrote:

A well planned strategy means nothing without the will power to execute it 🤪

But I get what your saying, I think the move is to wait until the first of June and go for the core chase card. If Amex reports, so be it, I'll try my pre-qual for the Amazon Visa. I'll actually be 5/24 instead of the 6/24 I am now, so im hoping the pre-qual will still work. 

The prequal's come and go.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 7 of 10
krit
Regular Contributor

I had pre-approvals for four Chase cards a little over a year ago when I was 5/24. I got the FU initially, then three months later, the Flex. With the Flex, I was at 6/24. 🤷 No idea how or why that worked out, but it did. Right now I'm 6/24 with no pre-approvals showing. 

Message 8 of 10
Jshepherd04
Established Member

Just adding my data point for reporting to the CBs. Approved for my first AMEX on 2.12.22 and reported on 4.16.22

Starting FICO8 Score on 01/2021: EQ-540, TU-540, EX-540
Current FICO8 Score on 04/2022: EQ-681, TU-668, EX-665
Current FICO9 Score on 04/2022: EQ-676, TU-707, EX-724
Goal FICO8 Score: EQ-720, TU-720, EX-720

Credit Cards
Discover IT (1/15/2021) - $1,500 SL
Capital One QuickSilver (3/4/2021) - $300 SL
NFCU Cash Rewards Mastercard (4/12/2021) - $6,000 SL
NFCU Cash Rewards Visa (5/31/2021) - $23,000 SL
Lowes Advantage (9/3/2021) - $6,000 SL
Directions CU Rewards Visa (9/9/2021) - $1,000 SL
Amex Blue Cash Preferred (2/13/2022) - $1,000 SL
PenFed Power Cash Rewards Visa (2/15/2022) - $2,000 SL
Capital One Platinum (3/1/2022) - $2,000 SL
Total CL - $42,800
PenFed Auto Loan at 4.4% APR(12/26/2021)

Message 9 of 10
SDMarik
Established Contributor

Thanks! What was the first statement date on the Amex?

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.