cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AnnualCreditReport.com Broken for Equifax and Experian?

tag
Jazee
Regular Contributor

AnnualCreditReport.com Broken for Equifax and Experian?

Over the past 30 days I've tried 3 times (once every 10 days or so) to get my credit report from AnnualCreditReport.com for Equifax and Experian.  TransUnion was no problem getting it on first try.  But All 3 times when you got to the point where the AnnualCreditReports.com site hands you off to the credit reporting agencies site, Experian and Equifax give you a web page with an error message.

Trying to determine if this is specific to me, or if it has been happening to others also?  The reports this website generate are actually in many cases more detailed than the online reports you get from the reporting agencies websites themselves!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
donotpassgo
Valued Member

Re: AnnualCreditReport.com Broken for Equifax and Experian?

Experian reports are usually consistently accessible. Equifax is overbearingly ... cautious, let's just say, ever since their spectacularly staggering data breach.

About the only thing I can suggest, is attempt your weekly access from a different browser, and try to order your reports in a different pattern.

In other words, if you usually try TU/EQ/EX, flip it and try EQ/EX/TU.

Random or not, I've had to do the same thing often and it seems to have helped, but it's all a shot in the dark, of course.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jazee wrote:

Over the past 30 days I've tried 3 times (once every 10 days or so) to get my credit report from AnnualCreditReport.com for Equifax and Experian.  TransUnion was no problem getting it on first try.  But All 3 times when you got to the point where the AnnualCreditReports.com site hands you off to the credit reporting agencies site, Experian and Equifax give you a web page with an error message.

Trying to determine if this is specific to me, or if it has been happening to others also?  The reports this website generate are actually in many cases more detailed than the online reports you get from the reporting agencies websites themselves!

I have had no issues between me or my SO using different devices or computers for all 3 reports unless under 7 days since last pull for one or all 3 reports or answering a verification question incorrectly.

Message 3 of 7
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Use myequifax.com to get your Equifax report. It's free, 6 reports per year. I was able to get that to work, but never once able to get equifax through the annualcreditreport.com

I forget which bureau but one of them won't show account review soft inquiries, that will only be on annual credit report. It might be transunion if I'm not mistaken.

Message 4 of 7
Andypanda
Established Contributor

No problems for getting any og jy 3 reports, latest this past Friday.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had problems with equifax on 2/10 but the next day it worked.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have given up on Annual Credit Report (.com) - never once have I been able to get all three. The only one I consistantly get is Transunion. I believe it was Equifax (if memory serves, it's been a while now) - ALWAYS came back with a message about not being able to retrive my credit report digitally and asked if I would like it mailed to me instead. if I said yes, send it to me in the mail- it never came. Not even once. Furthermore- the reports that I tried to get digitally but got that error message- counted toward my "free" report- even though I never recieved them in any format.  Maddening!!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.