Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower Equifax Score

tag
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Lower Equifax Score

I finally have absolutely nothing derogatory on my credit report.  However, Equifax is showing a FICO score of 33 points less than the other CRA.   When looking closly at all reports, the only difference is that Equifax shows "time since most recent late payment." as 4 months, as the other two CRA's show 59 mo.  I know exactly what this is stems from.  We were evacuated by the fires in California and our mail carrier was not allowed in the area for over 3 weeks.  For whatever reason, we didn't get our Navy Fed statement and the payment was over looked causing a 30 day late.  We have a good relationship with Navy and they immediately agreed to delete the 30 day.  The next day, all reports came back up and 30 days were gone.  However, Equifax didn't come up as much as I had lost.  I had submitted an official dispute online to initially get this corrected.  Online directly with Equifax it shows that the dispute that I submitted is still "under investigation."  However, when I spent over 45 min on the phone with the dispute dept., a very unhelpful CSR insisted it was closed on their end and that there were no lates on my report.  Clearly this is wrong since my 3 bureau report shows that last late payment was 4 months ago and then shows this open dispute.  I was on hold for another hour trying to speak to a supervisor only to be disconnected.  Go figure.  

Can any of our credit experts help me out here.  I have no idea have this fixed.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lower Equifax Score

Have you pulled a hard-copy of your real credit report?  I would suggest doing that.

Do you have any written documentation from your lender that an electronic request to remove the 30D late was submitted?  If so I would suggest sending a copy of that to the CRA and ask that the account be properly represented.

Message 2 of 5
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous 

That's what's weird.  Navy Federal retracted the 30 day late and it doesn't show as a 30 day late with any of the CRA's.  What my MyFico shows is that Equifax is reporting 4 months since my last late payment.  Which would align with the timeframe that this issue took place.  Equifax is also adamant that the dispute is closed out, however, it's clear as day on my.equifax.com.  They're sending me a copy of a report directly from them.  Not sure I'll know what to look for on there though.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You basically just want to look at that account on your report and the payment history associated with it.  Look back at the month in question and see how it's reported.  Also in the comments on the account it should indicate if it was ever 30/60/90 days late, so check out that summary section.

Message 4 of 5
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

You could also check your reports at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action for free.

I would suggest going over them with a fine tooth comb. .. Good Luck!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.