cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone get Amex HP twice for initial app?

tag
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Re: Anyone get Amex HP twice for initial app?

@UncleB wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

The closest I've had to this type of senario was BoA pulling from Experian for my truck loan with an instant approval and then hard pulling it a 2nd time the next day.   They did on their own initiative later withdraw the 2nd HP without my taking any action.

You shouldn't dispute this with Experian as AMEX could easily argue that they had permissible purpose to make the 2nd hard pull, but you could contact American Express and request that they withdraw the 2nd one.   I'm not sure though that after 14 months it would be worth the effort.

+1

Since it's been over a year it's no longer impacting FICO, and in (roughly) eight months it'll drop off organically. 

I would let sleeping dogs lie if it were me.

Yup that's the plan. Definitely was bummed when I found out but as of right now, it is what it is. 

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 11 of 19
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SPChaser wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

The closest I've had to this type of senario was BoA pulling from Experian for my truck loan with an instant approval and then hard pulling it a 2nd time the next day.   They did on their own initiative later withdraw the 2nd HP without my taking any action.

You shouldn't dispute this with Experian as AMEX could easily argue that they had permissible purpose to make the 2nd hard pull, but you could contact American Express and request that they withdraw the 2nd one.   I'm not sure though that after 14 months it would be worth the effort.

+1

Since it's been over a year it's no longer impacting FICO, and in (roughly) eight months it'll drop off organically. 

Yup that's the plan. Definitely was bummed when I found out but as of right now, it is what it is. 

It'll be gone before you know it. Smiley Wink

I do know the feeling, though... I had a fraud HP back in April 2020, and TU refused to remove it even though I had fraud alerts because of the HP (someone tried to buy a car with my identity... actually it was the HP that tipped me off that something was up). 

I was especially annoyed because I felt my request for removal was 'righteous', but I quickly figured out it was going to be a lot more hassle than it was worth.  Once the HP was a year old (and no longer FICO impacting) most of my frustration went away, and the second year flew by... I had nearly forgotten about it when I got a CK notification that it had been removed (just last month). 

Message 12 of 19
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

+1

It'll be gone before you know it. Smiley Wink

I do know the feeling, though... I had a fraud HP back in April 2020, and TU refused to remove it even though I had fraud alerts because of the HP (someone tried to buy a car with my identity... actually it was the HP that tipped me off that something was up). 

I was especially annoyed because I felt my request for removal was 'righteous', but I quickly figured out it was going to be a lot more hassle than it was worth.  Once the HP was a year old (and no longer FICO impacting) most of my frustration went away, and the second year flew by... I had nearly forgotten about it when I got a CK notification that it had been removed (just last month). 

Wow....that's one of the main reasons I keep DW and my accounts frozen, to alleviate some of those fears. 

Message 13 of 19
Crossgamerhd
Established Member

I also got double pulled for my amex gold. At least i didn't get denied but still sucks lol but my Trans got few pulled than experian that's the upside of it.

but you won't get hard pull again if you decide to apply for another card from Amex. i'm looking to get a regular business card like the blue cash and see if I can get accepted 

Message 14 of 19
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Crossgamerhd wrote:

I also got double pulled for my amex gold. At least i didn't get denied but still sucks lol but my Trans got few pulled than experian that's the upside of it.

but you won't get hard pull again if you decide to apply for another card from Amex. i'm looking to get a regular business card like the blue cash and see if I can get accepted 

I feel your pain @Crossgamerhd . Good luck on the busniess card app! 

Message 15 of 19
Justin028
Established Member

I was double pulled for the Gold yesterday as well. 

Message 16 of 19
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Justin028 wrote:

I was double pulled for the Gold yesterday as well. 

From the same bureau?  

Message 17 of 19
Antredd
Valued Member

@SPChaser wrote:

Not sure why I didn't realize this back in April of last year, but after I was approved for the Aspire where they pulled EX, Amex then did another EX HP the following day. Has anyone experience this before, and not that it's that much of a big deal, rather than annoyance, could I dispute for removal? 

I received two hard pulls from AMEX as well. The hard pulls didn't affect my FICO scores on Transunion and Experian.

Message 18 of 19
SPChaser
Established Contributor

@Antredd wrote:

@SPChaser wrote:

Not sure why I didn't realize this back in April of last year, but after I was approved for the Aspire where they pulled EX, Amex then did another EX HP the following day. Has anyone experience this before, and not that it's that much of a big deal, rather than annoyance, could I dispute for removal? 

I received two hard pulls from AMEX as well. The hard pulls didn't affect my FICO scores on Transunion and Experian.

Thinking back, i don't think they affected me much either, as I didn't notice till around I started this thread, but was just a weird occurance. Of all that I had read on these forums in researching Amex, I didn't come across that DP. 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.