cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone opened a NFCU card recently can share how long it took them to report it to the bureaus?

tag
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

Anyone opened a NFCU card recently can share how long it took them to report it to the bureaus?

As the title states. Can anyone that opened a card with NFCU recently share some info about how long it took the new account to show up on your credit reports? All the DPs I can seem to locate on this question are years and years old. 

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
GZG
Valued Contributor

Re: Anyone opened a NFCU card recently can share how long it took them to report it to the bureaus?

nRewards - ~30 days

Opened ~3 months ago

Starting FICO 8:

Current FICO 8:

3/6, 5/12, 14/24

Message 2 of 14
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Anyone opened a NFCU card recently can share how long it took them to report it to the bureaus?

Anywhere between 30-60 days. Navy is  not the quickest to report .

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 14
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@KillingThemGingerly wrote:

As the title states. Can anyone that opened a card with NFCU recently share some info about how long it took the new account to show up on your credit reports? All the DPs I can seem to locate on this question are years and years old. 

@KillingThemGingerly 

I opened a Visa Platinum on 10/22/22.

A statement was generated on 11/07/22 but it has not reported to any CR yet.

I am guessing it did not report after the first statement because it was for only 16 days. 

I anticipate it reporting after the next statement (12/07/22).

Have you had any statements generated yet?  How many and for how many days?

Message 4 of 14
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly 

I opened a Visa Platinum on 10/22/22.

A statement was generated on 11/07/22 but it has not reported to any CR yet.

I am guessing it did not report after the first statement because it was for only 16 days. 

I anticipate it reporting after the next statement (12/07/22).

Have you had any statements generated yet?  How many and for how many days?

No statements generated yet but I did just open it yesterday. 

Message 5 of 14
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

@KillingThemGingerly 

The Visa Platinum I just opened is my 3rd CC with NFCU ( More  Rewards and Flagship  being the other 2) but for the life of me I can't recall how long they took to report. 

I would say @Jnbmom is most likely correct,  she always provides accurate DP's 🙂

Message 6 of 14
USMC_Winger
Frequent Contributor

@KillingThemGingerly:  I was approved for the Navy Fed Platinum CC on Aug. 31, 2022, and it reported to the 3 CBs by Oct. 15th.

It normally takes up to 60 days, with the new Navy Fed CC account reporting to the CBs after the 2nd statement date.  However, I've seen one person who reported that his new Navy Fed CC account showed up on his CRs right after the 1st statement date.

FICOs:

Message 7 of 14
KillingThemGingerly
Contributor

@USMC_Winger wrote:

@KillingThemGingerly:  I was approved for the Navy Fed Platinum CC on Aug. 31, 2022, and it reported to the 3 CBs by Oct. 15th.

It normally takes up to 60 days, with the new Navy Fed CC account reporting to the CBs after the 2nd statement date.  However, I've seen one person who reported that his new Navy Fed CC account showed up on his CRs right after the 1st statement date.

Thank you. After the second statement seems to be the most common answer but a few people as you mentioned are saying theirs appeared much sooner. When mine appears I will try to remember to come back to this thread to share my data point. 

Message 8 of 14
805orbust
Valued Contributor

@USMC_Winger is spot on, both my Platinum (1/2021) and Cash Rewards (10/2016) took about 60 days to report to the cb's. Definitely not the quickest to report. 

Message 9 of 14
moto4man
Regular Contributor

They'll report within 60-90 days, but it'll be retro to date of account opening.

Starting Score: 547EX
Current Score: 694EX 689EQ 696TU
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.