Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple iPhone Upgrade Program Credit Check

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apple iPhone Upgrade Program Credit Check

So I went to Apple's website to get the new iPhone using Apple's upgrade program, and I filled out the application and got denied.  I was taken aback by this considering I have family members with bankruptcies on their record (and my credit has nothing like that, has low utilization, lengthy credit history, multiple installment loans over time with perfect repayment, etc.)

I got to thinking later that my Equifax credit report is frozen, so I was wondering if that might explain the result.  Does anyone know if Citizens Bank pulls Equifax exclusively?  It would also appear that if this is my problem, Citizens Bank won't re-pull with another bureau.  Just a heads up, I guess.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
melillobm
Established Member

Re: Apple iPhone Upgrade Program Credit Check

Another thread posted they pull from Equifax. Call Equifax to unfreeze temporarily and then call citizen's back to have them pull it. It only counts as a pull when they actually see your report so they haven't pulled anything yet. 

Message 2 of 3
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Apple iPhone Upgrade Program Credit Check

I bank with Citizens and yes they pull Equifax for their products.  You denial could be that your Equifax file was frozen.  I would call them.

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.