Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applied for 3 CLIs and 3 New CCs Improved my FICO Score

tag
Antredd
Valued Member

Applied for 3 CLIs and 3 New CCs Improved my FICO Score

Last month my BK aged off of my credit report and my three FICO scores jumped 40 points, taking me out of the high 600s where I remained stuck to the 720s. So in the same month, I applied and was approved for the Amazon Prime Visa (10,000), 2nd Discoverit Card (5,000) and Amex Everyday Preferred Card (5,000). Then I asked for CLI on my Discoverit #1 card (14,500 to 20,000 increase), Toyota Signature Visa Card (12,000 to 15,000 increase), First Financial Credit Union (12,000 to 20,000 increase), and Schools first credit union (1,000 to 5,000).

To my surprise my FICO score didn't drop when my new accounts and CLIs were updated today. Today my Transunion and Equifax jumped 1 and 2 points repectfully. Part of me know that one reason my FICO score didn't drop was because my overall utilization is now lower remaing well at 1%.

I was expecting to take a ding for having three new inquries and three new open accounts. The CLIs were all soft pulls.  I am also thinking that my high income is also a factor in the generous CLIs since I earn $140,000 a year. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Applied for 3 CLIs and 3 New CCs Improved my FICO Score

You mentioned EQ and TU are you referring to FICO scores or vantage scores?

Nice job of your new accounts and CLIs

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 2 of 6
Antredd
Valued Member

My actual FICO scores did not drop.

Message 3 of 6
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

Niiiiiiiice Smiley Happy

And congrats on the removal of that BK! 

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 4 of 6
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

🍻 That is a very nice improvement in Fico score over the past few months!
Congratulations on the big CLI's and new accounts!
High income (DTI, Payment History and Ability to pay indicators) as well as cleaner reports certainly have played a large factor. 🥳

20200916_184006.gif

Message 5 of 6
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Antredd wrote:

My actual FICO scores did not drop.

...yet more to the upside for you! 👍 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.