cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User account not counting toward Utilization?

tag
The_Rooster
Contributor

Authorized User account not counting toward Utilization?

I have been an Authorized User on my Mother-In-Law's Target card (high limit - low balance) for almost 5 years now.

However, it doesn't seem to count toward my utilization. It's only showing the % of MY cards.

Is this normal?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Authorized User account not counting toward Utilization?

@The_Rooster wrote:

I have been an Authorized User on my Mother-In-Law's Target card (high limit - low balance) for almost 5 years now.

However, it doesn't seem to count toward my utilization. It's only showing the % of MY cards.

Is this normal?

Yes 

For some, scoring authorized takes them into consideration, and for others, it does not. 

It could be because name and address are not shared, or were never shared. 

What goes into determining when AU accounts "count" and when they don't is proprietary info, but those two seem to be the common theme. 

Message 2 of 3
The_Rooster
Contributor

Re: Authorized User account not counting toward Utilization?

@Remedios wrote:

@The_Rooster wrote:

Is this normal?

Yes 

For some, scoring authorized takes them into consideration, and for others, it does not. 

It could be because name and address are not shared, or were never shared. 

What goes into determining when AU accounts "count" and when they don't is proprietary info, but those two seem to be the common theme. 

Unfortunate. Ok. Thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.