Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized User

tag
Icewater
Valued Member

Authorized User

Hello,
I talked about the 90 day hitting my account and I mentioned I was an AU on an account with 90%utilization.
I called Discover and got removed as an authorized user and on my credit report it’s listed as a closed account and on credit Karma my scored only dropped 16 pts for the 90 day late but today credit Karma dropped 35 for the 5,000 decrease due to me getting off the discover account as a AU . I’m not sure if that’s why my FICO scores dropped so low due to the 90 day late and getting off the account as an AU and it reporting as a close account.
Should I try to get all trade lines from the discover account removed or does it make a difference that it is showing on the reports as a closed account.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Authorized User

Open a dispute with credit bureaus.
What else is on your profile?
It might be that your Uti went up thus score drop
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pull your FICO scores and look at those. You can disregard CK’s VS3.0 scores.
Message 3 of 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Icewater wrote:
Hello,
I talked about the 90 day hitting my account and I mentioned I was an AU on an account with 90%utilization.
I called Discover and got removed as an authorized user and on my credit report it’s listed as a closed account and on credit Karma my scored only dropped 16 pts for the 90 day late but today credit Karma dropped 35 for the 5,000 decrease due to me getting off the discover account as a AU . I’m not sure if that’s why my FICO scores dropped so low due to the 90 day late and getting off the account as an AU and it reporting as a close account.
Should I try to get all trade lines from the discover account removed or does it make a difference that it is showing on the reports as a closed account.

First, stop going by Credit Karma scores. 

Second, what are your 3 FICO scores?

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.