Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized Users

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Authorized Users

Hi,

So I was recently added to my fiance's CC's as an authorized user we did it mainly to boost my credit because mine isn't so good but hers is. Both banks did not ask for Date of Birth or Social Security number. It was Chase and Wells Fargo. They said we could call CRA's ourself and tell them what exactly does this mean? I would like these accounts to show up on my CR so how can I do this?

Thanks!
16 REPLIES 16
exw220
Established Member

Re: Authorized Users

I have my girlfriend's daughter as an AU on my Freedom card, and it found its way onto her credit report in about 2 months.

Amex BCP $35000, Disc IT $30500 ,Cap 1 QS $13600, Cap 1 QS $4300, Orbitz Rewards Visa $12500, Care Credit $12000, Chase Freedom $25000, Home Depot $5000.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did they ask for her social or bday? If not how can it go on their credit.
Message 3 of 17
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Generally they can find with you with your last name and address. I did the same with my sister and husband. They were able to find both because we had the same address even though our last names were different.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 4 of 17
exw220
Established Member

They most likely used the name and address. They have access to a lot more info than most people realize.

Amex BCP $35000, Disc IT $30500 ,Cap 1 QS $13600, Cap 1 QS $4300, Orbitz Rewards Visa $12500, Care Credit $12000, Chase Freedom $25000, Home Depot $5000.
Message 5 of 17
Berk
Established Contributor

Not all issuers report AUs to the CRAs. Check and see if Chase and Wells Fargo do.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well a few users just verified that. Also, those are 2 of the main banking institutions in the US so I'm pretty sure they do.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make that 3. Smiley LOL I can't speak for WF, but my CFU showed up on hubby's report the same day it showed up on mine. And they didn't ask for anything but his name.

Are you in the same household? I have read that they won't show up unless it is the same address and/or the same last name.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

We'be lived together for awhile but we're moving so maybe it'll take longer now
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as it is same address to same address I don't think that will matter. As long as they don't require same last name too. I can't remember exactly what I have read about that.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.