Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorized user on Target

tag
sgomez1325
Established Member

Authorized user on Target

I have a Target credit card. I have two authorized users. The card is maxed out (my fault) so I've decided to remove the authorized users. My questions is, is if I remove the authorized users, will it be completely remove it from their credit report? The reason I ask is because I removed one authorized user from my Synchrony (JCP) in Jan 2020 and even though I was making payments (on time), his EX report didn't reflect those payments. The only time it reflected any change was in Sept 2020 when I paid it off.  Between Jan 2020 and Sept 2020, it just showed "no data" on those months.  I don't want the same thing to happen with Target. I don't want it to NOT reflect my monthly payments until I pay it off because I won't be able to pay it off until end of the year and my authorized user is trying to buy a house and needs it off.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Authorized user on Target

@sgomez1325 wrote:

I have a Target credit card. I have two authorized users. The card is maxed out (my fault) so I've decided to remove the authorized users. My questions is, is if I remove the authorized users, will it be completely remove it from their credit report? The reason I ask is because I removed one authorized user from my Synchrony (JCP) in Jan 2020 and even though I was making payments (on time), his EX report didn't reflect those payments. The only time it reflected any change was in Sept 2020 when I paid it off.  Between Jan 2020 and Sept 2020, it just showed "no data" on those months.  I don't want the same thing to happen with Target. I don't want it to NOT reflect my monthly payments until I pay it off because I won't be able to pay it off until end of the year and my authorized user is trying to buy a house and needs it off.

If he needs it off you need to remove him so it updates to terminated status, then he can dispute it as "only an AU nor responsible for payment of the account please delete". This will block it from ever coming back with the same account number on his report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.