Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEWARE AMEX and CRAs USELESS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BEWARE AMEX and CRAs USELESS

I have never posted in a forum before yet I have never felt so at a lose for helpful information This has to do with AMERICAN EXPRESS and the CRAs I hope someone learns something from what I am about to write I started monitoring my credit 2 years ago and quickly realized that because my American Express DOESNT have a limit reported any amount of debt that happens to get reported to the bureaus in a month would be deducted from the total of the basic limits of 56,000 my flexible spending accounts reported THIS is to calculate A FICO How can I have a credit card that’s PAID IN FULL MONTHLY and HAS NO LIMIT I SOMEHOW LOSE POINTS So I pull my husbands credit and what I found I am still BATTLING 8 MONTHS LATER! There was a 28002 limit and 14971 monthly payment being reported for his Amex for YEARS When I caught it CRAS BLAME AMEX VISCA VERSA Until I pointed out to American Express that it’s impossible THAT ALL 3 CRAS be wrong to the penny American Express quickly said they would send out the demand to all them TO CORRECT THE MISS INFORMATION Months later nothing so I call them all back all a waste of time So I file a complaint with the CFPB on all three bureaus I got the result today and have been on the phone with all of them once again EQUIFAX denied my dispute saying American Express verified the information to be accurate but they updated my last payment date to 2011 WHY I HAVE I GET NO EXPLANATION TRANSUNION took the payment off but didnt remove it off the history nor correct the payment history AMOUNTS and still shows a limit of 28002 EQUIFAX just removed the entire account and claims thats what AMERICAN EXPRESS told them to do THEN AMERICAN EXPRESS JUST KEEPS SENDING ME A LETTER STATING THAT I AM CORRECT AND THEY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAVE DONE EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO TELL THE BUREAUS TO CORRECT THE FILE BLAH BLAH I have called a bunch of credit reporting attorney none of them deal with cases like this Now planning a complaint with my local attorney general I want to gain as much knowledge and insight on my rights and how to go about finding a SOLUTION ! Thanks to anyone who reads this. I hope nobody ever has to experience it
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
redpat
Senior Contributor

Re: BEWARE AMEX and CRAs USELESS

I’m confused, is this a charge card?

Charge cards just report the balance and don’t count in CC utilization.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you need a new keyboard as it is missing the period key.

Message 3 of 25
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

There are some big brains here. They will be able to help. Possibly explain in a little more detail what happened? I'm confused also. Thank you!

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I really tried reading through this to fully understand it.  I think I'm usually pretty good at this kind of thing, but this was an entirely different animal.  Maybe when you've calmed down a bit you can write this more coherently for us to understand.

Message 5 of 25
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

This needs some periods and paragraphs, very hard to follow??

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 6 of 25
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

Op-

Can you give us the facts without the emotion.

Perhaps we can help you.

Nearest I can tell is you're saying you have a no limit charge card and it's being reported as a limit of: $28002. on all three CBs?

Its likely reporting the highest balance you reached on the card.

It should not affect your score as the utilized credit limit amount is not considered in your uti of your credit card limits.

If you can clarify with some facts, we might be able to direct you better.

Thanks

Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Close all of your American Express accounts. You are an unreasonable cardmember.
Message 8 of 25
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Close all of your American Express accounts. You are an unreasonable cardmember.

KICK-  Keep It Classy K

I believe the OP is confused. This is their FIRST time posting on any forum.

The post seems confused, not unreasonable. 

Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

She has received guidance and answers from four different institutions. She is not confused -- she just doesn't like the answer. My recommended course of action stands.
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.