Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background check

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Background check

Hi guys, I recently had a background check for new employment. The things that stood out were they had an alias name which misspelled my last name and stated I had lived in Ca. and a county in Ark in which I have never even been to Ca. Is this something worth disputing or just don't worry about it. Not sure if it is a big deal or just move on. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Background check

You definitely want to remove any erroneous information from reports. You don't want issues related to them to ever pop up.

Sometimes info related to family member, or stranger with similar name can appear. If not corrected, it can cause headaches. A quick call to agencies can remove those.

Message 2 of 3
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Background check

@blindambition wrote:

You definitely want to remove any erroneous information from reports. You don't want issues related to them to ever pop up.

Sometimes info related to family member, or stranger with similar name can appear. If not corrected, it can cause headaches. A quick call to agencies can remove those.

This, but also, I would look into the smaller bureaus that collect/report info on you such as LexisNexis, EWS, Sagestream, etc. Sometimes those also have erroneous information on them.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.