Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Be aware of a new tactic CA are using to get you to pay old debts

That sounds pretty shaddy!
Message 11 of 13
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Yes, I have been warning about this for quite sometime now.   That's way you have to be very carefull when you are holding out for a PFD, make sure you have enought money to cover the debt and just know when to say when.    CA's seem to suing at an alarming rate and one factor has to do with the latest changes in the BK laws.   so be carefull and if you have the money and you owe it just get rid of it albeit preferably with a PFD, but if they refuse to give you one, that doesn't mean the debt is going to go away.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember when dealing with a CA  you need to know the state laws where you live also. They are the ones that a CA must use to get a judgment. and they must file suit. They can not just add a judgement to your report!!!!
 The 7 year drop date starts with your first missed payment. A CA can not change that,although they migh try.
In my state Connecticut, a law suit can not be brought  by a CA after the (state) SOL. I can use the DOLA in order to get it dumped.
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.