cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Member

Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance

I found some companies from doing a simply google search and there are TrustedID, LifeLock, TrustForce, etc. Which one is the best overall?

7 REPLIES 7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance

TurstedID is a free service from EQ (in case of accepting enrolment). Not satisfied with it becuase the lock did not work.

 

I used Lifelock 2 years ago and after 1-2 months I decided to cancel it. This is because I found it not helpful and efficient at that time. For example, it was detecting my information in its database and afterward, sending me alerts by both email and call that they found something Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy. I called the customer service to understand the issue and after hearing these reasons behind their calls, I decided to cancel it. It might be improved by time...


Current:::::::::::::EX8=780, EQ8=780, TU8=780.
12 month goal: EX8=800, EQ8=800, TU8=800.
AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX HH, BOA CR, BOA Better CR, BOA PR, BOA TR, Chase AMZ, Chase Freedom, Discover CR, Uber, USB Cash+, Walmart/Synchrony.
Message 2 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance


@xenon3030 wrote:

TurstedID is a free service from EQ (in case of accepting enrolment). Not satisfied with it becuase the lock did not work.

 

I used Lifelock 2 years ago and after 1-2 months I decided to cancel it. This is because I found it not helpful and efficient at that time. For example, it was detecting my information in its database and afterward, sending me alerts by both email and call that they found something Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy. I called the customer service to understand the issue and after hearing these reasons behind their calls, I decided to cancel it. It might be improved by time...


How was you able to figure out the lock wasn't enabled? if you wouldn't mind please explain. Thanks! Smiley Wink

Gardening 2020-2021
Total CL 113k+ UTIL 0.01% Uber Visa, DoubleCash, Quicksilver, Discover IT, Freedom Ulimited, Blue Cash, Premier Rewards GOLD
Message 3 of 8
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance

After clicking on the lock button, it turned to a black icon with this message next to it:

 

Status: Request failed
Please contact customer support.

Current:::::::::::::EX8=780, EQ8=780, TU8=780.
12 month goal: EX8=800, EQ8=800, TU8=800.
AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX HH, BOA CR, BOA Better CR, BOA PR, BOA TR, Chase AMZ, Chase Freedom, Discover CR, Uber, USB Cash+, Walmart/Synchrony.
Message 4 of 8
New Contributor

Re: Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance

I would suggest that possibly you are looking for two products - one is credit monitoring for fraud and the other insurance in case something happens to your identity.

 

In my case, I use Credit Check Total for monitoring my reports and scores as well as seeing scores from my CC companies. As far as the Identity Theft Insurance, I was able to add it to my home owners policy. The coverage is $50K I believe, which is less that somewhere such as lifelock, but on the other hand, it only costs my $35/year. It might be worth a look for you.

Message 5 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance


@xenon3030 wrote:

After clicking on the lock button, it turned to a black icon with this message next to it:

 

Status: Request failed
Please contact customer support.

Thanks! for your reply for me it shows everything locked up no messages,

Gardening 2020-2021
Total CL 113k+ UTIL 0.01% Uber Visa, DoubleCash, Quicksilver, Discover IT, Freedom Ulimited, Blue Cash, Premier Rewards GOLD
Message 6 of 8
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance

Clicking on the customer support link would give an e-mail address and a phone number. Do not like to e-mail CRA and not feasible to contact by phone easily (possibly >3-4h waiting time, I tried 1h waiting on hold and I gave up). So, this product seems to be failed until further notice...moved to the other reliable products...


Current:::::::::::::EX8=780, EQ8=780, TU8=780.
12 month goal: EX8=800, EQ8=800, TU8=800.
AMEX BCE, AMEX PRG, AMEX HH, BOA CR, BOA Better CR, BOA PR, BOA TR, Chase AMZ, Chase Freedom, Discover CR, Uber, USB Cash+, Walmart/Synchrony.
Message 7 of 8
Established Contributor

Re: Best Identity Theft Protection Insurance


@xenon3030 wrote:

Clicking on the customer support link would give an e-mail address and a phone number. Do not like to e-mail CRA and not feasible to contact by phone easily (possibly >3-4h waiting time, I tried 1h waiting on hold and I gave up). So, this product seems to be failed until further notice...moved to the other reliable products...


Ah! yes for $1 it does seem like alot of hassle agreed! hope your able to cancel it. Smiley Wink

Gardening 2020-2021
Total CL 113k+ UTIL 0.01% Uber Visa, DoubleCash, Quicksilver, Discover IT, Freedom Ulimited, Blue Cash, Premier Rewards GOLD
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.