Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Package For Getting Reports and Info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best Package For Getting Reports and Info

I have just joined and wanting to have the amazing knowledge within this awesome group help lead the way to rebuilding my credit after CH7.

The monthly monitoring is a bit steep for my needs I believe and was wondering what all you recommended for gaining the info of my full history/report.

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best Package For Getting Reports and Info

I'd suggest starting with the free sources and going from there.  There are many people that spend very little or no money on credit monitoring services.  I am one of them, so my opinion is always a very conservative one when it comes to shelling out cash for something you may not necessarily need.

I'd first recommend signing up with all of the free sites such as Credit Karma, WalletHub, CreditSesame, creditscorecard.com, credit.com, creditscore.com, savvymoney.com, etc.  There are probably plenty of others too.  Many of these sites provide things like reports and alerts at no cost to you.  Some update monthly, others weekly, some even daily.  If the no-cost options don't give you everything you're looking for, you can supplement them with periodic $1 trials from creditchecktotal.  For $1 you'll get your 3B reports along with a handful of Fico scores (all 3 Fico 8s plus others).  You just need to cancel the $1 trial within 7 days, then you're free to do another trial whenever you'd like as needed.

I use the above plan and have been doing it for years.  During my rebuild I was hitting CCT $1 trials monthly or sometimes even twice monthly, where now I'm in a place where I haven't done one in probably 6 months.  If I've done (say) $60 in CCT $1 trials over the years, the total cost I've ever spent on credit monitoring services has been $60.  There are some people that will pay that or half that in a single month, which simply isn't for me.

Message 2 of 4
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have just joined and wanting to have the amazing knowledge within this awesome group help lead the way to rebuilding my credit after CH7.

The monthly monitoring is a bit steep for my needs I believe and was wondering what all you recommended for gaining the info of my full history/report.

Thanks in advance!

All three of your reports from annualcreditreport.com is the best place to start - these consumer reports have information not available through the various websites.   You can get them free every year.

I use CreditKarma to watch my TU & EQ credit reports (ignore the FAKO scores) and Experian.com to check my EX report.  They will all send alerts to your mobile device if you have the apps, or you can just get email alerts.  EX will give you a free FICO8 score every 30 days as well.

You can also do a $1 trial through Experian.com to pull all three CRAs reports and FICO8 scores and just cancel (return to the 'free' or basic membership) it.   You can pull this $1 trial every 7-10 days and is a relatively inexpensive way to keep an eye on things or watch changes if you want to check something.  All of the trials/reports you pull are kept archived on the Experian site, so you can also go back and look at previous reports if you're looking at historic information for anything.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for your time and advice that I definitely will take to heart as I work thru this task of rebuilding my credit.

I had seen mention of signing up for something here I thought and then canceling once you get the reports etc which would only prorate the charges rather than the higher expenses. Now I can't seem to find that anyways lol.

Currently I just have credit karma for looking at what they provide and creditwise.

Again thanks for your fast response and help!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.