cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Navy question...

JLL2104
Contributor

Quick Navy question...

I’ve been a member since late May with just a savings account ($50 direct deposit every two weeks). I initially applied for cash rewards but was declined for inquiries. I’m gardening now and going to apply for secured in 6 months.
However, I’d like to open a checking account now. Will that result in a hard pull?
Thank you in advance
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SouthJamaica
Super Contributor

Re: Quick Navy question...


@JLL2104 wrote:
I’ve been a member since late May with just a savings account ($50 direct deposit every two weeks). I initially applied for cash rewards but was declined for inquiries. I’m gardening now and going to apply for secured in 6 months.
However, I’d like to open a checking account now. Will that result in a hard pull?
Thank you in advance

You should call them and confirm but I'm pretty sure ... no.

 

 


Total revolving limits 677500 (584500 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 758 TU 777 EX 749

Message 2 of 7
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Quick Navy question...

I'm pretty sure checking is not a hard pull, but call them to ask.

F8 EQ: 804 | EX: 785 | TU: 790 | Accounts: 2/6 3/12 7/24
Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 3 of 7
rbentley
Established Contributor

Re: Quick Navy question...

When I joined Navy I got a two HP's, one for membership (Savings and Checking) and one for CC.  If you are thinking of getting checking with them to increase odds of CC approval, I don't think that will matter.  I point blank asked this of the CSR when I applied and was told that banking and credit products are two different departments and they do not have access to data from the other side.  I was told that having checking, even with direct deposit would make no difference on CC approval or limits.  Of course, Navy does have their somewhat mysterous "internal score" and maybe having banking products with them increases that score, but we really don't have any real way to get data points on that.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick Navy question...

Checking isn’t a HP. They stopped doing HPs early last year. They check EWS for a checking account and will only do HPs for credit.
Message 5 of 7
800FICOGoal
Established Contributor

Re: Quick Navy question...


@Anonymous wrote:
Checking isn’t a HP. They stopped doing HPs early last year. They check EWS for a checking account and will only do HPs for credit.

Does that apply for checking with overdraft as well? I thought I read here on MF that some CU's will HP if you open a checking account with overdraft protection.










Rebuild Cards


Goal Cards

Loans
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Quick Navy question...


@800FICOGoal wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Checking isn’t a HP. They stopped doing HPs early last year. They check EWS for a checking account and will only do HPs for credit.

Does that apply for checking with overdraft as well? I thought I read here on MF that some CU's will HP if you open a checking account with overdraft protection.


NFCU's overdraft protection is a checking line of credit so that would entail a HP. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.