Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to renew CCT 50% rate?

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Best way to renew CCT 50% rate?

It looks like my initial  14.95 rate has expired. What's the best way to keep CCT and continue to get the reduced rate? Speak to a rep or automated system renewal? I'm not interested in messing around and trying to keep signing up and cancelling or whatever for the $1 trial. Any help? Thanks

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to renew CCT 50% rate?

Just call and talk to a rep. They are very nice and will offer the 14.95 one without any problems when you explain the 29.95 is just too much for what you need... Or at least thats how it went when I called. But I was calling to cancel after the $1.00 trial.  

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed on calling and speaking to a rep.  They want your business and will be very quick to offer you the continued rate that you've been paying.  I've been offered it many times now, but always turn it down.

Message 3 of 11
wanttobeinthe700club
New Contributor

I know when I called to cancel the robot gave me the next 5 years for half the price. 

Message 4 of 11
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Just tried to call but I guess since it's after business hours it just told me to call back. Are there prompts to follow to cancel membership and get the robo offer?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try calling the alternate number at 877-284-7942.  That number often works after hours and even if it doesn't it will allow you to use the automated system before talking to a person if that's what you'd prefer to do.

Message 6 of 11
Marcos8
Established Contributor

I called the main number and got a human who was only able to give me half off for one year. Can I do something else to get an extended price reduction?

Message 7 of 11
cmm89
Frequent Contributor

My issue with CCT was that they always said they were giving me the 50% reduced price, but it always posted and showed in my account as the full amount. I talked to two reps in one day about it, actually. Happy to pay 100% full price for MyFICO.... love the detail and immediate updates on all CRA's. It is a little pricey, though.

What I use (& strongly recommend): Chase Sapphire Reserve | BofA/ML (Premium Rewards VS, Cash Rewards VS, Merrill+ VS) | AmEx (Amazon Prime Business)

What I have: NFCU | PenFed | General Electric CU | Wright Patt CU | Discover | BBVA | Apple Card (GS)

Total CL with Bank of America = $100,000 (Platinum Honors Merrill Client). I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner, so feel free to message me if you have any planning/credit questions.

EQ 759, EX 765, TU 771 (06/10/2022)

I started with scores in the 400s in 2016. This forum is a Godsend--focus on the journey, be patient, and you'll definitely get there no matter the circumstances!

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcos8 wrote:

I called the main number and got a human who was only able to give me half off for one year. Can I do something else to get an extended price reduction?

Use the automated system.  Humans just complicate an otherwise simple process here.  The automated system will offer you half off for 5 years.  Accept.  Done.

Message 9 of 11
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

Use the automated system.  Humans just complicate an otherwise simple process here.  The automated system will offer you half off for 5 years.  Accept.  Done.

How do I get the automated system? When I call during business hours someone picks up. When I called after hours I was told to call back during business hours. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.