Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit card utilization question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit card utilization question

Hi,

Hi, What is better, have all credit card on 0% utilization or on a specific percent?

thanks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Re: Credit card utilization question

The best is to have all cards report a $0 balance and one reporting under 9%
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi,

Hi, What is better, have all credit card on 0% utilization or on a specific percent?

thanks.

How many total cards do you have?  Most would recommend letting just 1 report a small ($5 or so) balance, meaning that card would be at 1% utilization.  Depending on the number of cards you have, though, this number could be (but doesn't have to be) greater than just 1 card with a reported balance and you could still achieve maximum FICO points for utilization.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 2 credit cards and 1 credit line in my bank account. So the best thing is to use every month one card with a small qty and pay it some days before the statement due?
Message 5 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I have 2 credit cards and 1 credit line in my bank account. So the best thing is to use every month one card with a small qty and pay it some days before the statement due?

1. It doesn't matter how much or how little you use them.

2. It does matter that 1 of them report a small balance, and the other 2 report a zero balance.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.