cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biggest app spree you've done or seen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

MY APP SPREE! When did YOU, PERSONALLY "hit the wall" when it came to applying for new accounts?

Would love to have a fresh thread with data points and swap stories. Here are mine: 

- 18/24 before I started getting steady denials and ceased further INQ

- Brought me down to 2y 6m AAoA (oldest account 9y 8m, > 50% of accounts opened within < 1 y)

- These were not all toy limits (Highest of the 18 was Elan (Fidelity Rewards) at $11.5k, now $13.5k / lowest was Apple card at $1250 / bulk of the approvals were $3k-5k range)

- These were not all useless or trivial pursuits, got SEVERAL, GENEROUS intro/BT financing on network cards, and ongoing special financing for store cards (IKEA Projekt, $5.5k, 24 months 0% for purchases $5000+) 

- At the end of my spree, depending on bureau, INQ were somewhere between 2x and 3x my # of new accounts, had a great deal of failures among my successes. 

- Lowest FICO were toward the beginning all tightly concentrated around middle 600's, now 700/705/708. While I dropped AAoA considerably, counteracting that were baddies being crowded out by my on-time payment % rising to 99%. 30 months paid-as-agreed as of totday. Also helping is revolving UTIL dropping steadily, was 23% now 10%. I think I still have 8.9% to break on the aggregate UTIL. 

- Income remained strong in relation to outstanding debt. Currently 13% per the dashboard on one of my credit apps. 

Would love to hear from you all!

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Biggest app spree you've done or seen

My app spree story Approved 6 out of 8 cards end of October beginning of November 2020. The only cards I didn't get were Bloomingdales (too many inquires) and MLife (too many inquires in 14 days, too many inquires in 6 months).

Message 42 of 47
JNA1
Valued Contributor

My first and only spree (or mini spree?) was around this time last year. I went 5/5 on my AMEX BCP,  BBVA ClearPoints, PayPal MC, PNC Cash Rewards and BB&T Cash Rewards. My highest SL was $15300 on the ClearPoints card and the lowest was $5000 on the PNC card. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 43 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JNA1 wrote:

My first and only spree (or mini spree?) was around this time last year. I went 5/5 on my AMEX BCP,  BBVA ClearPoints, PayPal MC, PNC Cash Rewards and BB&T Cash Rewards. My highest SL was $15300 in the ClearPoints card and $5000 on the PNC card. 

Impressive SL and also on the cards in your signtature. I'm sure I'm just missing it - what kind of FICO / income supports SL's like that? I am GREEN with envy! Smiley Happy

Message 44 of 47
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JNA1 wrote:

My first and only spree (or mini spree?) was around this time last year. I went 5/5 on my AMEX BCP,  BBVA ClearPoints, PayPal MC, PNC Cash Rewards and BB&T Cash Rewards. My highest SL was $15300 in the ClearPoints card and $5000 on the PNC card. 

Impressive SL and also on the cards in your signtature. I'm sure I'm just missing it - what kind of FICO / income supports SL's like that? I am GREEN with envy! Smiley Happy

Sorry @Anonymous just seeing this. My scores at that time was in the high 740's - low 750's across the 3 bureaus and my income was a around $110K at the time. I had built up the Sync Summit card to $10K at that point and I my Discover had just turned 1 year old when I went on my little spree. I think that probaby helped me a lot because my HPs were really low at that time.  

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 45 of 47
Doodlebug30
Established Contributor

2020 spree

Aug: Cardi's furniture 6k sl (since been raised to 10k)

OCT: Discover it 4,500 SL

NOV: Macy's amex 2k  &  Amex BCP 1k

@AverageJoesCredit you already know I'm done!!

I never app that much. 2020 got me crazy lol

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

One card every week ... How ?

Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.