Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA double HP

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA double HP

Hello,

I recently realized that Bank of America did two hard pulls from the same bureau (TU) for a single CC application last March, they did the two within two days. I only saw it recently as I did not have access to my credit history before (being new to credit). I did some research and it's still unclear to me whether or not it's usual or not, but I read that I could try to have one HP replaced by a SP.

- Should I rather call BoA or TU to dispute this ?
- Is it too late to do something about it ?

Thanks !

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA double HP

While you can technically dispute inquiries, you shouldn't. Some banks, like Chase and others alike pull multiple reports. I'm not sure why they hit your TU twice though. It's unlikely they will remove it, but you can always try.
Message 2 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If they were from last March (2018). They are already removed from your FICO score. FICO holds HP's for only 1 year. 7 more months they'll be off your credit report for good. So they're not doing anything really. Let it ride. And Welcome to the FICO Forums!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

They occured in March 2019, sorry about the confusion. You would still advise me to let it flow? I just don't want to be penalized (due to many recent HPs) if I had to apply for other CC within the next few months (which might happen)

Message 4 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You cannot really dispute HPs online with CRAs, so if you wish, you should reach out to BoA, find out why second pull was performed and ask if second one could be recoded as SP if turns out it was an error on their part. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.