cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA said they updated Experian, but....

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

BofA said they updated Experian, but....

...when's the best time to check and how should I check it?

Background:

They closed my card a couple years ago and I had a balance of $7500. I paid on it and then thankfully got in with NFCU and did a balance transfer last year. On EQ and TU the balance on the closed card is accurate: $0. On EX, it's still showing $7500 - a year later. 

I called BofA and eventually spoke to someone who claimed to have sent in an update directly to EX and it should be reflected in 24-48 hours. It's 48 hours and CCT doesn't show the update.

What's the *real* time frame in which you think it should be corrected? 

What would be the best way to check it? Through the EX website instead of CCT?

Thank you in advance. 

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA said they updated Experian, but....

A credit bureau can take several business days (not calendar days) to update its database with new data once the creditor has sent it on.  Three business days is common, but longer is not unusual either: 4, 5, 6 or even 7 business days.

And note that we are talking about business days not calendar days.  Since you wrote that on Fri June 9 at 7:30 pm, I am guessing the BOA rep told you that the update was sent in Wed afternoon.   Personlly I'd give it a week if I were you -- very possible that you won't see anything till this coming Thurs.  (That would be five business days.)

CCT should be a fine tool for seeing when it happens.  You get daily EX updates with CCT... am I right?

Is there a particular reason why this is so urgent?  You have been living with the data being incorrect on EX for a year.  Will another week make that big of a difference?

Message 2 of 3
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Re: BofA said they updated Experian, but....

A week certainly won't make a difference for me. I just want to make sure they follow through.
And thank you for reminding me that CCT updates EX daily. That'll work out just fine.
AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.