Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bounced checks??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bounced checks??

I have two paid bounced checks from 2004 being reported on my credit reports from two different CA's.  Do these stay on for 7 years as well?  Any way to remove them?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
sl
Established Contributor

Re: Bounced checks??

If the checks are showing on your report, they will stay on for 7 years.

You can try a GW letter and see if that helps get them removed.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

mstrey12 wrote:
I have two paid bounced checks from 2004 being reported on my credit reports from two different CA's.  Do these stay on for 7 years as well?  Any way to remove them?

My guess is that it would be tough to validate a bounced check... Dispute, dispute, dispute... Smiley Happy

Rob
Message 3 of 6
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have two paid bounced checks from 2004 being reported on my credit reports from two different CA's. Do these stay on for 7 years as well? Any way to remove them?

If you've paid the checks, I'd sure try a goodwill letter. If you have NOT, then you shouldn't even attempt a goodwill letter. In fact, I'd be more worried about the recipient filing a "theft-by-check" charge against you in criminal court. That could lead to a warrant for your arrest and time in the pokey.

If I were in your shoes and those checks are unpaid, I'd be sending the recipient(s) a goodwill letter pleading for a payment plan. But, if you have indeed paid them, I'd ask for them to be removed from your credit reports.

Good luck to you.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The checks were paid as soon as I heard from the collection agencies back in 2004 but have been lingering on my CR since then.  I sent them both GW letters almost 2 months ago but have heard nothing back and they're still on my report.  Guess I will try disputing them now.  Thanks for all the suggestions.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.