cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CCT: "Your password change request" emails?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CCT: "Your password change request" emails?

Anyone get a ton of these lately?  They started maybe 4 of 5 days ago.  I was getting 5 of these emails on average today.  Subject line of each was "Your password change request" and the email was suggesting that I had recently changed my PW.  I didn't even change it once, much less 5 times per day for 4-5 days.  Anyway a couple of days ago I emailed CCT asking them to look into the issue because the emails were getting really annoying.  Nothing changed and I kept getting them, so I started forwarding every one of them to the "help" email address they have on their site.  This way they get to experience the same level of annoyance as me Smiley Happy  The emails stopped within 24 hours.  I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing in the past week or if they've ever experienced this in the past with CCT?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
sarge12
Senior Contributor

Re: CCT: "Your password change request" emails?

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone get a ton of these lately?  They started maybe 4 of 5 days ago.  I was getting 5 of these emails on average today.  Subject line of each was "Your password change request" and the email was suggesting that I had recently changed my PW.  I didn't even change it once, much less 5 times per day for 4-5 days.  Anyway a couple of days ago I emailed CCT asking them to look into the issue because the emails were getting really annoying.  Nothing changed and I kept getting them, so I started forwarding every one of them to the "help" email address they have on their site.  This way they get to experience the same level of annoyance as me Smiley Happy  The emails stopped within 24 hours.  I was just wondering if anyone else was experiencing the same thing in the past week or if they've ever experienced this in the past with CCT?

BBS...I have CCT account and have obviously not gotten such e-mails...cause I  would be on this board freaking out. I use google chrome, if it helps, because it may be related to the browser you use somehow fooling CCT software into thinking you've changed your password every time you logged in, if you logged in that much.

TU fico08=812 07/16/23
EX fico08=809 07/16/23
EQ fico09=812 07/16/23
EX fico09=821 07/16/23
EQ fico bankcard08=832 07/16/23
TU Fico Bankcard 08=840 07/16/23
EQ NG1 fico=802 04/17/21
EQ Resilience index score=58 03/09/21
Unknown score from EX=784 used by Cap1 07/10/20
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually didn't log in at all during that time.  Well once.  I pulled my scores for $1 about 5 days ago and the emails started shortly after.  I did log in once after I got a couple of those emails just to see if my PW was still the same.  I had changed a lot of my passwords in the last 3-4 weeks, but not for CCT and certainly not in the last 5 days. 

Yeah, my initial thought was that my account was somehow compromised, that someone had logged in and changed the PW on me. 

Still no response from CCT regarding the email I sent them asking what the deal was, but at least the emails stopped so I'm assuming they made some sort of adjustment on their end.  They were probably getting annoyed at me forwarding them back all of their auto-emails to their help email address too.

Message 3 of 15
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

Most likely someone is trying to access your account by clicking "forgot my password"

I'd make sure you have a good password, and possibly set up two factor authentication on your email address.  If someone were to get access to your email they could change a lot of your passwords and access your various accounts.

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know about that. Seems odd that they'd try 5 times per day for 4-5 days, equally spaced out throughout the day. Anything is possible though I suppose. I guess I can change my PW just for peace of mind.
Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get these.  I think it is CCT requesting that you change your password.  I have used the same one since I first used the site.  I could be wrong.

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

About how long have you had an account with CCT?  I'm probably coming up on about a year now myself... perhaps that's when this starts if you're in the same boat?

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to get them when I first signed up......I called and the CSR said she didn't "see" any record of them. I continued to ignore and they stopped coming. 

Message 8 of 15
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

are you 100% sure the e-mails are coming from CCT?  Might just be a phishing scam to try to obtain your login credentials.  Check the e-mail they came from and the actual link in the e-mail not just what is being displayed.  

Seems odd that CCT wouldn't have record of sending them out, and likely means they did not come from CCT

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The emails are coming from creditchecktotal at e-creditchecktotal dot com.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.