Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE ACCOUNT QUESTION

tag
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

CHASE ACCOUNT QUESTION

I noticed that my chase card dosent have a credit limit and that equifax is not putting this card in my total ultization. Ive had the card since 99 It was explained to me that it is a signature card and has no credit line.

My question is should I keep the card since its has a lifetime apr of 4.99% or should I ask for a product change.

Its kinda weird I am not getting any points for this card on Fico. Maybe I am wrong but I have been looking at the ultization for the last 3 months and its only adding up my 3 other cards. And this card is my longest active card and most avalible credit. any advise??????

2wheel
Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Re: CHASE ACCOUNT QUESTION

Now that was real easy did product trade to non signature card moved credit line to 27,500. Chase is my friend for the day..

2wheel
Message 18 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Call Chase's customer service department and ask to have the card changed to the non-Signature version.  Or, if there is another Chase card that appeals to you, ask for a product change to the non-Signature version of that card.  A non-Signature account will report a credit limit. 

Our forum members have had very good luck with Chase when requesting a product change from Signature to non-Signature.

EDIT:  I forgot to address the lifetime 4.99% APR.  I assume you're carrying a balance at that rate.  In the past, Chase never made any changes to existing APRs when converting from Signature to non-Signature.  However, given the current economic climate, this policy might have changed.  You'd have to ask the Chase customer service representative what would happen to the 4.99% APR.

Message Edited by psychic on 03-15-2009 02:13 PM
Message 2 of 20
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Do NOT mess with this card. In today's credit climate- keep it- the age is helping you. Don't worry about it not reporting a limit You should work on getting the other 3 cards down to 10 % utilization. 

4.99 Thats awesome-  

Message 3 of 20
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Will they keep it at 4.9% and will the age stay? if it goes to non sig.
Message 4 of 20
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

age will stay but rate wont
2wheel
Message 5 of 20
moondog7324
Frequent Contributor

Thats a sweet rate- tough decision. I guess if you pay in full evrymonth interest rate doesn't matter- but you get mega bragging rights for having a 4.9% card.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a lifetime of the balance promotional rate, or is the 4.99% your purchase APR?
Message 7 of 20
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

its been 4.99% since 1999 they said as long as i have card it will stay the same
2wheel
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you generally carry a balance on this card?
Message 9 of 20
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

sometimes... usually pay off before billing cycle but the last 2 months i have carried a balance

but most of the time I pay the card in full what in your opinion is the best card to have from chase (rewards)

I am thinking they might let me keep the original date that card was issued becase it does help with AAOA

If I dont it would mess that up and I would lose about 2 years of AAOA... Was looking at the perfect card

wont have any problems getting any card fico scores in high 700

Message Edited by 2wheel on 03-15-2009 12:57 PM
2wheel
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.