Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI at activation?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CLI at activation?

Is this something you ask for or do they automatically give it to you?   I'm just curious because I've seen many of you talk of getting a CLI at activation.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CLI at activation?

You can request a CLI at activation, however the likelihood of getting one is probably slim unless you can come up with a good excuse why you need it or threaten not to activate with such a low limit.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your FICO jumped ten or fifteen points in that interval for whatever reason, you might want to try it.

Otherwise just be patient and diligent. Pay on time, keep utilization below 20% but above 0% (the CC companies like to see some activity on a card). Don't pay late anyplace else. If you have a sub-600 FICO, you'll need additional patience. But even if your FICO is in the basement, as time goes on (might take up to eighteen months or so), if you maintain a perfect record with that CC issuer, that will become more important to them than your FICO.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no intentions of asking for a cli, I was just curious.  Thanks for the info.

Message 4 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

No harm in asking! All they can do is say no. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

I was surprised when I called to cancel my best buy MasterCard I got by accident that they glady increased the limit

Message 6 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Brammy wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

I was surprised when I called to cancel my best buy MasterCard I got by accident that they glady increased the limit

Same thing happened to me. Funny how they oblige when you threaten to cancel your account.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote
Same thing happened to me. Funny how they oblige when you threaten to cancel your account.

That is funny.  I told I had no use for a 500.00 CL besides the interest rate is the highest of all my cards at 17%.  Whats the point.  Lady was saying well you could use it for emergencies.  I'm like I have 12K in avail credit, if I have an energency bigger than that I'm going to the penSmiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 12
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

HAHA. That's almost as bad as getting a first premier with a $250 CL shipped with $190 of fees as your "emergency card".

I would never use a CC for emergencies anyway. Thankfully I am a homeowner with a nice HELOC for such things.  
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:
HAHA. That's almost as bad as getting a first premier with a $250 CL shipped with $190 of fees as your "emergency card".

I would never use a CC for emergencies anyway. Thankfully I am a homeowner with a nice HELOC for such things.  

Even stranger, I have another card with them (HSBC) with a 75 K limit with only 800.00 balance (zero percent 2% cash back) so if I have an emergency I'll probably be using that oneSmiley Very Happy

Maybe they were just hedging their bets since I have one decent limit card.  But low limit cards really trash the report

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.