Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CREDIT ADVISORY BOARD ''need an advice ? ask here!''

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CREDIT ADVISORY BOARD ''need an advice ? ask here!''

what the *** ? is it worth it ? should apply for new card ? im new to credit so in the begining getting an annual fee card was all i had. So my question do people keep it anyway and keep going or do they eventually cancel it and get a no annual fee when their credit matures ? they wont increase my limit without hard inquiry. And applying a new card would require a hard inquiry (hard pull). So i figured why not just ask to change the product because i only accumulate $50 a year in cash rewards - $39 annual fee when with the Better Balance i could be getting $120 a year - $39 ($80 in my pocket) but they wont remove my $39 annual fee so i could get the most of my card ($120). My Bank America is  lowest of all my cards $500 limit but also one of the oldest of all my cards. My age of credit is 1.8 months. Credit history 3 years. Capitol One(3 years) just upgraded my platinum to quicksilver and they removed the annual fee but bank america (2 years) won't remove it. Says its part of providing good services and protetion blah blah. What should i do ? They said if i want to have a no annual fee credit card to go on their site and apply. Then they will pull Experian. If i request credit limit increase they will pull TransUnion but does not get rid of the annual fee. 

We thank you for providing us with the information required to process the product change for the Better Balance Rewards. Please be informed that since your credit card (Cash Rewards) is a annual fee product, the annual fee will be transferred over to the new product. In this case, you will have to apply for the Better Balance Rewards product with no annual fee. However, if you would still like us to continue with the product change, we kindly ask you to reply one more time with your confirmation.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you online. Should you have any further inquiries, please e-mail us again. Thank you for choosing Bank of America. We hope you have a nice day.

Sincerely,
Bank of America
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: CREDIT ADVISORY BOARD ''need an advice ? ask here!''

Try calling a credit analyst from the backdoor numbers. If you have to close your current card it still reports as a positive TL for ten years. Good Luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CREDIT ADVISORY BOARD ''need an advice ? ask here!''

@coldnmn wrote:

Try calling a credit analyst from the backdoor numbers. If you have to close your current card it still reports as a positive TL for ten years. Good Luck!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

OMG! SUCCESS !!!   

they removed the annual fee. Changed it to ''give him $120 a year.'' No annal fee. No need to apply. No hard inquiry Smiley Happy using this # 866-618-4585

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.