Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable TV checks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cable TV checks

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly a HP makes perfect sense to me. I could in theory rack up several thousand worth of paper view charges. Now who's not extending you credit?

Or you could go to a restaurant and order thousands of dollars worth of steak for your extended family of 10 and eat it. Or I could take a taxi an hour away and run out on hundreds of dollars. Should all of these services do hardpulls on you?

I should also point out that in my previous post it was DISH that was a SP in August 2014. And I still believe it should always be a SP. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Cable TV checks

@Anonymous wrote:
Honestly a HP makes perfect sense to me. I could in theory rack up several thousand worth of paper view charges. Now who's not extending you credit?

I'm sorry, but that's just BS. They could easily just limit each account to a certain amount of charges before needing to make a payment to continue ordering more. Applying for basic services should NOT result in a HP, period. Even most of the landlords I've worked with did SPs, and they have a heck of a lot more to lose than a cable provider.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.