Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Get a Credit Report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Get a Credit Report

I'm a 20-year-old who tried getting a FICO report through this site as well as my free annual credit report through Experian, TransUnion and Equifax. However, none of the four sites will give me a report because they are unable to confirm my identity. The information I provided is correct. Could this be because I have no credit history at all?

I've never had a credit card or taken out a loan, but I wanted to make sure if there was anything in my record it was correct. I plan on applying for a credit card soon and am afraid I might be denied because of an error in my credit card.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AtlantaWill30339
New Contributor

Re: Can't Get a Credit Report

It could be because you have no credit to pull. I'd send a letter to the CRAs in the mail with copy of ID and bill showing your address requesting a report to see if they could pull a report.

Message 2 of 5
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I'm with Will.  You say you've never had an account, so there shouldn't be anything to show.  The fact that they don't have a report to pull is a good thing, it means nobody's commited identity fraud against you Smiley Wink

I hope you've got a checking account with a bank of credit union.  That's about the only place you're going to get a credit card with zero credit.  You may try a secured card from one of the big-time lenders.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

To add, if a FICO score cannot be generated you wouldn't be able to get any reports or scores from myFICO.com anyway. You need to have open accounts for at least 6 months in order to have score and reports generated.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, thanks for the help. If I apply for a credit card and there is a pull on my non-existant report, will this pull be visible?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.