Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a Card

tag
Kforce
Valued Contributor

Re: Cancelling a Card

@Anonymous wrote:

Never make emotional decisions,  sit on it for a few days. If you still feel you want to close it because you never use it, not just because of the low limit but because you have 2 other 1.5% general spending cards, go for it, the effect on scoring will be little if any.

Personally, I would PC it to Freedom to get some 5% rewards. (+1)

+ 1,  I would PC it to Freedom to get some 5% rewards.

Message 11 of 14
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

There's so many on here that would love to get in with Chase one way or the other. Like so many others run a monthly whatever thru it and keep it. You never know when they may crack and up the limit. Wish I was in your shoes.

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I read all of your thoughts and thought about it and what I am going to do is just charge my subscriptions on it and pay it in full every month. It only comes to about 48 a month, but there. Maybe once I get over being quite as annoyed I will use it for groceries.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just so everyones knows because I have seen a few thinking otherwise, the Freedom Unlimited only gets a flat 1.5% back. Freedom card has the potential for 5% in rotating categories.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.