Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Bank CC Account Still Reporting C/O After Payment

tag
uphill_slipnslide
Valued Member

Capital Bank CC Account Still Reporting C/O After Payment

Hey Guys:

Was perusing my TransUnion credit report and found that a charged off credit card that I paid back in August of last year was still reporting from August to July of this year and was still reporting Charge Off status.  Going through a rebuild process, this just irks me to no end.  <sarcastic>The gall of some of these companies.</sarcastic>  But in all seriousness, everything that I can do to keep these companies in line will definately help me.  So...My questions is wuld it best to to do a dispute with TransUnion for showing the charge off after paying in full or try to contact the company and get them to update the account correctly?

I will try to contact the company first to not have a dispute, but I don't know if there are any other options.  Let me know your thoughts.

Capital-Bank-07322021.jpg

In Order of Acquirement:

Goal Cards:

Total Credit Limit: $22,000

Loans:

FICO 8 - 8/2021
EQ - 697; TU - 678; EX - 685
FICO 8 - 11/2021
EQ - 706; TU - 705; EX - 693

GOAL - End of 2021 - 700+ across FICO 8
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Flfico
Regular Contributor

Re: Capital Bank CC Account Still Reporting C/O After Payment

What exactly are you disputing? 

Message 2 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Once it is a CO it will continue reporting as CO.. If you pay in full or settle the amount then balance will show as $0. Looks like you are report is showing crrectly.  You have to wait unitl the drop off date reported in your report for the item to drop off. You can send a GW letter to creditor asking to remove but the reporting is done correctly now.

Message 3 of 17
uphill_slipnslide
Valued Member

I'm disputing the fact that I paid the charge off in full back in 8/2020 and it should have stopped reporting monthly after that.  But as can be seen in the picture, they have still been reporting since then to this month with a charge off status.  The paid in full should have marked that account as closed and the reporting stopped.

Maybe I am not seeing something and they have stopped reporting.  But again, straight from Transunion, they are still reporting.

In Order of Acquirement:

Goal Cards:

Loans:

FICO 8 - 8/2021
FICO 8 - 11/2021

Message 4 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@uphill_slipnslide wrote:

I'm disputing the fact that I paid the charge off in full back in 8/2020 and it should have stopped reporting monthly after that.  But as can be seen in the picture, they have still been reporting since then to this month with a charge off status.  The paid in full should have marked that account as closed and the reporting stopped.

Maybe I am not seeing something and they have stopped reporting.  But again, straight from Transunion, they are still reporting.

Once it is a CO it will continue reporting as CO.. If you pay in full or settle the amount then balance will show as $0. Looks like you are report is showing crrectly. You have to wait unitl the drop off date reported in your report for the item to drop off. You can send a GW letter to creditor asking to remove but the reporting is done correctly now.

Message 5 of 17
uphill_slipnslide
Valued Member

I am not saying that the status before the PIF is incorrect.  Just anything afterwards.  Again, I may not be seeing everything or looking at it correctly.  Yes, it was a charge off before paying.  I BELIEVE it should now show as closed and the charge off remarks from 9/2020 - 7/2021 should not be shown.

In Order of Acquirement:

Goal Cards:

Loans:

FICO 8 - 8/2021
FICO 8 - 11/2021

Message 6 of 17
Flfico
Regular Contributor

As mentioned above, it will continue reporting as a charge off until it drops off. Closed accounts stay on your report up to 10 yrs. Most derogs stay on 7 yrs. Your best bet is to try a goodwill letter.

Message 7 of 17
uphill_slipnslide
Valued Member

It's scheduled to come off in 11/2024.  I'm just really nit picking everything in the report and if something looks out of place, I want to fix it.  Isn't TransUnion a six month early exclusion?

In Order of Acquirement:

Goal Cards:

Loans:

FICO 8 - 8/2021
FICO 8 - 11/2021

Message 8 of 17
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@uphill_slipnslide wrote:

It's scheduled to come off in 11/2024.  I'm just really nit picking everything in the report and if something looks out of place, I want to fix it.  Isn't TransUnion a six month early exclusion?

Yes. TU is 6 months Eearly Exclusion. Good Luck.

Message 9 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi there OP. I have removed the cross post in RYC as its not allowed here at myFico its considered thread bombing and it typically leads to confusion of the members trying to help you. Thanks for your understanding on this.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.